Saturday, March 9, 2013

On Church Politics . . .



Church politicking in full gear with the power hungry jostling for position and influence?

Business meetings rapidly going downhill into destructive posturing and maneuvering?

Hidden agendas jumping out right and left, hindering the unifying work of the Spirit?

Weary of the whole thing and longing for the power of sacred worship and a deep soul connection defined by a pure servantheartedness?

Looks like you're not the only one ...

'I can't stand your religious meetings.
I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions.
 
I want nothing to do with your religion projects,
your pretentious slogans and goals.
I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes,
Your public relations and image making.
 
I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music.
When was the last time you sang to Me?
 
Do you know what I want?
I want justice - oceans of it.
I want fairness - rivers of it.
That's what I want.  That's all I want.'
- Amos 5:21-24 {The Message}
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Yes. Love this version. I'm ready too. Hope you had a lovely walk! The sun is most welcome today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day to walk in the Mid-Hudson Valley!

    And, yes, I know you're ready, too, Laura ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready for Him and Him alone!

    Thanks for stopping by -- the header on my blog is a picture of early morning in our back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure, wandering through The Sunday Community is always a sweet blessing with those Scriptures and photos all melding together.

    Thanks, FireFly girl ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! You won the giveaway on my blog for the book! Contact me with your address and I'll have the publisher get that out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul struggled to lead, James admonished ... it appears the body of the church has always included the elements you described ~ thankful for time apart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Lisa ... sadly, there's nothing new under the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been involved in church 'meetings' and left with a pit in my stomach, knowing it was not the fruit of the spirit showing up.
    We have so much to learn for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I've seen this kind of turmoil profoundly affect people in physical ways ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda,
    The Message-version really shows the point - God want's to be the desire of our hearts, not a project to be managed... Thank you for your note, I'm happy to have found your blog & being able to follow your posts from now on!
    Blessings Nina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nina ~ Welcome to the Creekside online community ... it's so cool to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...