Remember when we used to slather baby oil all over our lean little bodies and bake in the sun til our skin burned to a crisp? Exist on all manner of junk food and sleep on whatever sofa might be handy? Do the all-nighters and casually neglect ourselves in a variety of ways? For most of us, those days are long gone and our bodies are
There's no guarantees in life. Health concerns will descend no matter what kind of lifestyle we pursue. But there is great peace that comes in being pro-active, in making smart choices that enable you to assure yourself that no matter what comes your way, you did what you could to take care of yourself.
We're all familiar with investments, even though we might not have the cash to go there. We hear about the importance of investing for our kids' education, investing for retirement, investing for a rainy day.
Well, here's 5 investments in wellness that I think might be worth your attention. No one's paying me a dime to do this post. These products have worked for me and so I share them with you. Some cost a handful of dollars, others require substantial layout of cash. And please do check with your health care professional and get their input, ok?
1. SKIN - Protecting your skin is a must and an SPF is not just for beach goers. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is good stuff. Day in, day out. 'Cause the sun just doesn't shine when you're lounging in a beach chair.
2. SUPPLEMENTS - GNC's SuperFoods Maximum Greens Complete tablets contain all those fabulous things that we know we should eat, but don't. Barley, kelp, alfalfa, and a blend of all manner of nutritious greens and fruits make this supplement a super choice.
3. TEETH - Waterpiks aren't just for kids with braces. Gum disease can hit us at any time and cause health problems that reach far beyond our mouths. Still got your teeth and want to keep them? This could be an excellent addition to your dental care.
4. WEIGHT - No one does weight loss like Weight Watchers. No one. You learn to dine on a huge assortment of healthy foods in the right quantities. And you get the in-person or online support to take you through the long haul.
5. BACK - I felt about 110 years old every morning til we invested in a Sleep Number mattress. This is major bucks, but it can make the difference between chronic back ache and feeling rested and refreshed when your feet hit the floor at sunrise.
What investments are you making in your pursuit of wellness?
=> visiting with Nancy