Friday, April 23, 2010

Keeping Your Head

" ... but you, keep your head in all situations ..."
- 2 Timothy 4:5.

I love when a verse pops out that I've never seen before.  Your Word, Lord, surely is a treasure trove filled with nuggets of truth I need to hear ... and be reminded of in the future. 

You are able to do so much for me - to give me faith, to protect me, to lead me, to discipline me.

But I am responsible to ask You for what I need.  To make choices that reflect my faith.  To be in a place spiritually and emotionally where I respond to life's ups and downs in a way that brings You pleasure.

Keeping my head in all situations - Not flying off the handle.  Not automatically fearing the worst.  Not reacting like an immature child.  Not freaking out and going into panic mode.  Not stamping my feet and demanding my own way.

Keeping my head in all situations - It's not going to happen on a consistent basis without being filled with the Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23}.  So that my response to all that life throws at me comes from a heart that is loving.  Joyful.  Peaceful.  Patient.  Kind.  Good.  Faithful.  Gentle.  Self-controlled.

Keeping my head in all situations - It's nothing I can master on my own.  I know myself too well and know that just isn't going to happen.

Thank You for what You can do in my heart.  So that I can respond, in all that comes my way, in a way that will make You smile.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...