Sunday, March 9, 2008

She Challenges, "Bake & Take"

Apparently, March is BAKE & TAKE month! Back in 1972, a Kansas wheat promotion organization began encouraging people to share baked goods with those in need in their local communities.

Who's in need in your world? Ill, lonely, overwhelmed, elderly, financially strapped, or in crisis?

What's your specialty from the kitchen? (And, by the way, I know lots of men that make a mean pie, out-of-this-world chicken, and yeast bread that you'd never, ever forget!)

One of the most thoughtful gifts I ever received was from an elderly woman who brought me some homemade soup. The delicious simplicity of the gift - and the kindness of the giver - made a lasting impression on me. In this fast-food world, a home-created gift of food is always a true treasure.

Leave a comment and let us know what you gave ... or what you received ...

"... whoever is kind to the needy honors God" - Proverbs 14:31.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Received: The simplicity and love shown in a (scribbled)picture from a child who made it for me without prompting a parent.
    Gave: A blanket I made for a man who can just buy what he wants, but was totally touched when I gave him something I made.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...