Have you ever wondered what to pray for when interceding for friends and brothers and sisters in Christ?
Paul gives five solid requests to ask in Philippians 1:9-11: "This is my prayer; that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God."
1) Love - that they will grow in love - authenticity, honesty, openness, taking risks by opening their inner self to both God and others.
2) Knowledge - that they will grasp spiritual truth and feast at Jesus' banquet table of truth.
3) Discernment - that they will make godly decisions and know what to do as a result of being in the intimate place with Christ.
4) Pure and Blameless - that they do right things from their inner character; that they conduct themselves in such a way that no one can bring any charges against them.
5) Live for God's glory - that they will have the fruit of being like Jesus Christ, showing His characteristics and qualities for all to see; when people look at them, they will see Jesus.
Is there someone who you could pray those five things for? Do you want someone to pray those five things for you? If no other names come to mind, ask Jesus for those five things for me ~ Bob