Monday, August 10, 2009

Healthy Choices Bring Joy

"I thank my God for every remembrance of you," were the words of Paul in Philippians 1:3. Paul had made a choice - to remember the positives with joy rather than to remember the negatives with irritation.

There had been the Philippian jailer - imprisonment, lashes - what were the memories? Joy: it was a choice.

After being placed in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany, Victor Frankl, a Jewish psychologist, said, " They stripped me naked. they took everything - my wedding ring, my watch - I stood there naked and all of a sudden realized that moment that although they could take everything from me - my wife, my family, my possessions - they could not take away my freedom to choose how I was going to respond."

We choose to rejoice. Psalm 34:1 "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise will be continually in my mouth." That is a choice! You will choose to be bitter or better. Yes, the hurts are real; the good news is that with Christ, we can choose to heal the hurts and rejoice.

Choosing joy ~ Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...