Friday, August 8, 2008

What Children Want Their Parents to Know

1. When you are angry at me or must discipline me, please do not be angry at me tomorrow.

2. Treat me with respect, especially when my friends are around. If I am misbehaving, please take me to a room where there is privacy to discipline me.

3. Your attitude towards me will probably be what I believe God's attitude is towads me.

4. I know what you really think of me by the way you treat me when no one else is around.

5. Help me to seek the truth about my life and in my life. Teach me to value truth more than acceptance.

6. Please lovingly correct me when I do something wrong. That way I can learn the difference between right and wrong.
~ Rein
Wishing I understood these truths more deeply when my own girls were little ~
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...