Friday, May 9, 2008

The Bookbag

INVITATION TO SOLITUDE AND SILENCE - Ruth Haley Barton

"Truth be told, it was desperation that first propelled me into solitude and silence. I wish I could say that it was for loftier reasons, pure desire for God or some such thing. But in the beginning it was desperation, plain and simple. There were things that needed fixing in my life, longings that were painfully unmet, and I had tried everything I knew to fix what was broken and to fill what was lacking, but to no avail ..." (page 25).

One of the most life-changing books I've ever read (and re-read). This little guide turned my walk with Christ upside down and inside out.

Thankfully His ~
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...