Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sabbath Gratitude Worksheet

I recently designed the worksheet below for my own use on the Sabbath.  The focus on God's Word helps me to consider, evaluate, and process the week's events through a biblical worldview, instead of my own {often jaded} perspective.

I've slowly learned over time that making the choice to set apart time to view life through the lenses of gratitude is a non-negotiable for me.  It continues to become a key step of obedience and faith that has unleashed God’s holy perspective into my daily experience.

Since my feelings come and go, and can tend toward the negative and pessimistic, I'm discovering that choosing to practice this spiritual discipline is a choice that grows my faith and ultimately, impacts my feelings.

Taking the time to ponder all that's occurred, with the gentle guidance of the Holy Spirit, brings clarity and peace.  Lessons are learned.  Wisdom is cultivated.

As Ann Voskamp said so well in her book, ONE THOUSAND GIFTS, "Thanks is what builds trust ... Count blessings and discover Who can be counted on ... Isn't that what had been happening, quite unexpectedly?  This living a lifestyle of intentional gratitude became an unintentional test in the trustworthiness of God - and in counting blessings I stumbled upon the way out of fear." 

I hope this is a helpful tool for you as you "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"
- 2 Peter 3:18.

Linda
=   =   =   =   =

SABBATH GRATITUDE WORKSHEET

“... whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy
– think about such things.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. 
And the God of peace will be with you" 
- Philippians 4:8-9.

This week, what/who was:

True?

Noble?

Right?

Pure?

Lovely?

Admirable?

Excellent?

Praiseworthy?

This week - What did God teach me?



This coming week – What will I put into practice?



=   =   =   =   =   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! I really like your idea of combining the Philippians quote with the gratitude.

    I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing quite like Scripture to help us become the men and women God's designed us to be! His Word surely is "living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword ... it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart" - Hebrews 4:12.

    Thanks for your comment! Please let me know how the worksheet works for you ...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...