These learnings have become big-time mantras for me . . .
1. Living a pro-active life can lead to a pathway paved with no regrets. Taking care of any relational / medical / financial / spiritual business before encountering life's inevitable jarring bumps and treacherous valleys enables you to navigate those difficult seasons with greater ease and a deeper sense of peace.
2. Kids might be exhausting, but when all is said and done spending time with them makes life sparkle. If you don't have any little ones 'round about you, you probably won't have to look too far to find one or two who'd love to spend a few hours in your company. And their overloaded parents will most likely be thrilled that you asked.
3. Everyone needs a sabbatical from screens in one way, shape, or form. What might we be missing because our glazed-over eyeballs were stuck to the screen and those weary fingertips were glued to the keyboard?
4. Everything tastes better when you're eating outside. A chicken, spinach, and strawberry salad topped with bacon and grated parmesan. A New York Super Fudge Chunk cone melting all over your hand. A big ol' hamburger fresh off the grill. And how 'bout a frosty pitcher of home-brewed iced tea ... sweetened just enough to bring a smile.
5. Let's quit complaining when someone wants to take our picture. So what if we've got a bad hair day going on or our teeth are crooked or the lens doesn't flatter us like it did back in the day? Let's get rid of our futile airbrushed expectations and invite those carefree kids tucked inside our souls to emerge once again ...
PIN IT * TWEET IT * SHARE IT
the links are below
SUBSCRIBE TO IT
SUBSCRIBE TO IT