Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Open Doors ... Closed Doors

sharing some thoughts from today's journaling ...

- the kav -
"What He opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open.  I know your deeds.  See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut.  I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name"
- Revelation 3:7-8.

God is the One who opens and closes doors, who allows things to happen and come to pass.

Or says "no, Linda.  We're not going through this door."

I always want to look for the open door.  The opportunity.  The invitation.  I've long passed the time where I frantically attempt to pull something open that's been firmly closed. 

That is done.  Finished.  I don't have the energy or time or inclination to go there anymore.

I completely trust God to lead.  I'll try the door, but if it's not happening, that's it. 

And I'm reading that He knows me, knows my track record, knows what I am able to do through His strength.  He knows my frailties and my weaknesses, as well as my gifts and my calling.

Yet through it all, it's about obedience, devotion, living up to what He has already asked of me. 

And we go from there, together.  We continue to journey along the road, sometimes hand in hand.  Sometimes with Him holding me, carrying me.  Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming.  But usually I lay back in His strong arms of grace-filled love and strength.  But no matter how we move ahead, He leads. 

Always.

So I will keep on asking You to open and close doors.  To opportunity.  To ministry.  To relationships.  To the future and whatever it holds.  And I will continue to trust that if You want it for me, whatever it is, Lord, You will make it happen.

And if You don't want it for me, I will be content.  Because the bottom line is I really do believe that You do all things well.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Thank you for sharing, Linda. What you have written is so true and relevant. What an important reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that God's word stays true and relevant. It truly stands the test of time.

    Just like He does.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...