Monday, July 12, 2010

Grace

~ ~ FROM PEN TO PAPER ~ ~

... my disappointments and concerns are Yours today, and I am so happy to leave them in Your most capable hands.  I have no interest in hauling anything damaging around any longer than I need to.  You are my burden-bearer!

Hebrews 12 ... once again You meet me through Your Word!  You speak directly to me, giving me words of instruction and wisdom for exactly where I am.  I just love it!  And You!

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.  See to it that no one misses THE GRACE OF GOD and that no bitter root grows up to defile many."


We talked about Your grace last night at Creekside in 1 Corinthians 15:10 - "But by THE GRACE OF GOD I am what I am and His grace to me was not without effect."

So I will not miss Your grace this morning.  I am who You have created and shaped me to be.  Your unmerited favor directs my life, ministers to the deepest part of me.  It has affected me, and influences those who You allow me to walk on life's pathway with.  If I am not conscious of Your unmerited favor (that I no way deserve!), then I will hold on to frustrations, disappointments, fears.  I will quickly lose my energy and focus in my goal to live in peace with all and in my pursuit of holiness.  And those bitter roots will dig down deep - and my life will be a mess. 

I am not doing that, not going there.

God's unmerited favor allows me to pursue holiness.  To live in peace.  To forgive.  To move ahead in such a way that some day I will see Him.

Linda
Journaled on Sunday morning, July 11th

1 comment:

  1. Those words are so true and so important to remember. Thank you for sharing your journal.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...