Monday, October 19, 2009

Lame Excuses


I had to smile as I read "Say Goodbye to Alibis." I'll be the 1st to raise my hand and admit that I can entertain some very creative, yet lame excuses when I don't choose to eat nutritious food or stick with an ongoing fitness routine. Even after a substantial weight loss this past year, I'm realizing that maintaining a healthy lifestyle will always be an ongoing challenge for me.

So I appreciated the author's responses to such all-time favorites as:

"I'm too tired."

"I just had a baby."

"I'll do it tomorrow."

"I'm too old."

My challenge? Take a few minutes to jot down your favorite excuses. And then decide what you want to do with all those alibis. They're getting kind of old, aren't they ...

Are you ready to release them to the only One who can help you make those oh-so-hard choices?

In the boat with you ~
Linda

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength"
- Philippians 4:13.

1 comment:

  1. This photo speaks volumes!

    Found it several weeks ago, but now know why it hit home: "ARE YOU READY TO RELEASE...?"

    Great question. And great way to visualize what happens when we answer "YES!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...