Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today I Glean ...

Recent musings from my journal ... Linda

... So I come to You, Lord Jesus, eagerly this morning with all that's true about me. And thank You for Your presence ... the presence of Your Spirit, Your Self. The presence, as I seek it, of peace, and rest, and hope. And reclaim my faith and trust in You, which some days seems so strong, and on other days seems so tentative and fragile. I claim absolutely every promise You've given me as mine. And in the claiming of Your promises, there is a perspective that's holy and right and solid.

Galatians 5:1 says that, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

So for today I glean ...

1. Christ has redeemed me. Freedom becomes paramount. Yes - from the old law, but also from sin, the old me, the taunts of the enemy. Freedom from anything that would enslave or tie me down. I am free. I am defined by all that Jesus says about me. I am not defined by lies, memories, sin, sadness.

2. The Spirit who indwells equips me to stand firm. Not to cower, to regress, to get caught up in what's going on around me. I stand firm because the power of Christ dwells in me.

3. I make the choice not to pick up the burdens that I used to haul around ... That's done and over with. Truly I am free indeed. Praise God! And that freedom that came at such a huge price gives me cause to praise the name of Jesus, my Savior.

So, love is my focus today, along with that praise. My focus. My choice. So may praise to and love for the Redeemer fill my soul today. And may that filling leave absolutely no room for anything that would distract or take my focus off of the One who loves me so deeply.

After all, I am a daughter of the King.

GRATITUDES
1. The quiet gentleness of today.
2. Glimpses of anticipation for the days ahead.
3. Nuggets of treasure revealed.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for allowing us to smell the flowers and enjoy the beauty of the garden of your heart which is obviously cultivated with great love and devotion to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...