Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Compelled

"For Christ's love compels us ..."
- 2 Corinthians 5:14 -

Compels me to worship sacrificially. Serve faithfully. Give lavishly. Love well. His love compels me to release and reject anything that does not draw me closer to Him. It compels me to pursue solitude and embrace quietness with Him. It is the grace that saves me. The force that drives me. The peace that fills me.

Compels. Onward, forward, upward, ahead. Away from sin, sadness, frustration, and pain. Toward holiness. Righteousness. Godly living.

His love not only compels me, it is compelling. It draws me closer and closer to Him. To what is "true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8). In order that I might more and more bear His image, know His heart, be entwined with Him.

I am deeply grateful today for that compelling love. It fills me with desire to be more and more like Him.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...