Monday, January 12, 2009

Cultivating The Garden

... a slow, gentle awakening, praying for the people in my life, giving their situations to the only One who can affect change, bring peace, give hope. Praying through 1 Corinthians 13 for myself, the Spirit reminding me of areas where I've recently been impatient, unkind, jealous, envious, haughty and rude. Self-seeking, keeping track of wrongs. Thankful for forgiveness, and thankful that in the powerful name of Jesus we have the power to banish the enemy of our souls far from us.

God, develop discernment in my life in the areas of self-knowledge and perception. To see much more quickly where I am not, deep in my heart, like Christ, and to quickly ask for forgiveness and to send the enemy packing. Bottom line - I want to be like Jesus and I want to respond in the same ways as He did when He walked the earth. There's no emotion new under the sun - He was confronted with everything that I deal with, but He never sinned. Thank You for the Spirit's presence today. Help me to be discerning and aware and obedient to His still, small voice.

That's why I need silence and solitude. Because without this time when He can speak gently yet firmly, I will not grow. I'll never cultivate those moments needed where He can speak and say, "This is the way, walk ye in it" (Isaiah 30:21).

So help me as I cultivate the garden of my heart. As a farmer cultivates his field - getting rid of the rocks and debris. Readying the soil by adding good nutrients. So as the seeds are sown, the ground of my heart will be well prepared to receive them, and the seeds will yield bountiful, healthy fruit (Matthew 13:1-23). And the fruit of the Spirit's work in my life will be evident. "Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self -control" (Galatians 5:22-23).

This is who I want to be, inside and out.

Today's journaling ~
Linda

2 comments:

  1. "So help me as I cultivate the garden of my heart."

    Joining you in this prayer today . . .

    Thank you for these honest, humbling words and the encouraging reminder that change is possible because "in the powerful name of Jesus we have the power . . . "

    Cultivating,
    ~A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cause for pause to read a bit of journaling from 4 1/2 years ago ... thanks, A, for, unearthing this oldie!

      Linda

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...