Tuesday, September 16, 2008

From Pen to Paper - Freedom

"I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out Your precepts ... for I delight in Your commands because I love them" - Psalm 119:45.

Freedom. "A wide space unconfined by affliction or oppression."

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" - 2 Corinthians 3:17.

Seeking to understand His precepts, His truth. Living in step with the Spirit, attentive and obedient to His voice, His will, and His direction - this allows the willing believer to be filled to overflowing. And in that loving place of abundance, the fruit buds and flourishes - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-24). More and more it defines who we are.

Thankfully, the budding and flourishing of the fruit leads to a delightful freedom. To be who He has created me to be. To do what He's called me to do. Freedom - that "wide, unconfined space that affliction or oppression can not touch."

Seeking more of His Spirit ~
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...