Friday, February 15, 2008

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PASTOR BOB ...

Think about the last time you spoke to your spouse, your kids, your boss, or a friend. Was the message really communicated - or was it just spoken and never really heard? All of us, the media included, are becoming more aware of the importance of communicating our message clearly and in a timely manner - especially when it is life changing.

We, at Creekside, have pondered the best way to communicate what God is doing through this ministry that He has raised up. We began using a newsletter, but it has the limitations of being monthly and does not allow us to give you up-to-the-minute breaking news, developments, and opportunities. We have decided to go to a blog format that will replace the newsletter.

Brent, our technically savvy team member, has developed both our new website

http://www.CreeksideMinistries.com and our new blog

We encourage you to visit often to be encouraged and challenged by the articles that will be appearing, as well as keeping up-to-date with the new developments and opportunities that God is orchestrating.

Since healthy dialogue is a very important part of communication, we encourage you to use the "comment" section at the end of the articles on the blog. If you want to comment, but don't want to leave your name, that is ok with us. Your dialogue is more important than our knowing your name at this point, so sign your comment with either one of your initials or "anonymous."

We would love to hear from you. It may be something you want to share about what God is doing in your life, a comment on one of the articles on the blog or on something that appears on our website, a prayer for the ministry, or a shared concern.

Let’s have fun with this! We're looking forward to connecting with you via our new electronic dialogue which replaces our newsletter beginning with this edition.

Meet you at the blog ...

4 comments:

  1. This is excellent...well done!

    Tim
    from Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure how to post onto this site...it had me create my own.....please look at Looking Thru My Eyes....amycowen
    it is my reflections and feelings about Pastor Bob and Linda Stoll, but I don't know how to forward it to you...I love the Lord, but I'm not too computer savvy...I miss you both.

    Amy Cowen Lawer
    FBC member
    Carmel, NY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so very happy that I found Creekside Ministries had created a space for us all to meet together and praise the Father and Lord Jesus Christ for all they have done in our lives. Pastor Bob has been so very sorely missed, and the subsequent loss of Linda Stoll has made life at FBC quite challenging. Sheep need to be shepherded....and there are many who feel the loss with the same, or similar grief as myself......being told that we need to stand together is hardly consoling.....if not for the ever-presence of Evelyn (and I really believe she was heaven sent to us), I don't know where I would be right now. I still feel angry at the way things went.....and will probably never understand how not having any pastor is preferable to one who doesn't follow the political agenda of the powerful board. I do know that Pastor Bob did NOT abandon us in our time of need......we were betrayed from within.....but I, myself, sure do miss your presence- both at church and in my life. I am grateful, and regularly praise God for giving me the grace to continue to attend church regularly, although the void is huge......I pray over the scriptures for the right path to take.....and the wisdom to follow.



    Thanks for sending me the link.....you will probably never know the lifeline that you threw to me when I most needed it.....



    With the utmost respect,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to make sure that my posts were not misinterpreted by anyone out there. Missing Bob and Linda doesn't mean that I was bashing my home church, FBC, which is the only church I have ever called home...it is where I was baptized and where my friends live in Christ with me. My point was that too many people thought that we'd all been abandoned, and that was an untruth. I happen to love my church, and that is why I am still there, and have even brought in new members....does that sound like a person who would trash her place of worship?? That wasn't my message at all...read more carefully next time, please...

    A soldier in Christ,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...