Monday, May 25, 2015

In Which We Rejoice in Her Continued Sobriety

I'm delighted that the lovely, courageous client you met via Praise God . . . She's 2 Years Sober has once again given the thumbs up to sharing her story of continued, grace-infused sobriety.  Please feel free to share her words of celebration with your social media friends.  Be assured that a surprising number of your followers will personally resonate deeply with her daily victories.

And you'd never even know.


*    *    *

Dear Friends and Family,

On this Memorial Day weekend I feel grateful to those who served and presently serve, knowing that I can not imagine the sacrifices that are made on a daily basis.  I cannot comprehend the solemn realities many have faced in the line of duty.  I am inspired by their courage and awed by their sense of duty.

On this Memorial Day weekend I feel grateful to be sober and content.  Gone is the frenzied obsession to make sure I have enough wine to get me through a long weekend.  Gone are the searches for an open store (for just a few hours on a holiday) before the weekend ended.  To be free to enjoy life as it comes is a wonderful blessing.

At the onset I was disappointed once again not to have a plan, no barbeque or picnic, but quickly changed my thinking, deciding to make the best out of a stellar weekend.  So I have contented myself to work outside some and then relax close to home.

Yesterday we spent a quiet day by the lake reading and then taking a short walk.  Today, after some yard work, I am actually relaxing under the red maple finishing the book I started yesterday.  For me to be relaxing in my own yard is something to mark on the calendar.  It seldom happens.  I have invisible blinders keeping me from seeing the weeds!  I actually feel content and peaceful.  It is a wonderful feeling.

Today on this unofficial beginning of the summer season, I am grateful for the beautiful weather, for the amazing return of lush summer foliage and beautiful flowers ... I am feeling relaxed, blessed, grateful, looking forward to the summer of 2015.  I hope this finds you in good health and happy spirits as well.

Love and blessings to all.

*    *    *

taking the celebration to Kelly's  .  Holley's  .  Lyli's

16 comments:

  1. Amen, Linda! And for those of us who do not struggle, we might be impacted by remembering our own loved one who did!
    Blessings, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God for His wonderful strength and grace exhibited in this testimony. What great words to read today!
    PS I did not get your email about the blog coaching!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old song said, 'His strength is perfect when our strength is gone.' And that truth still prevails!

      I've sent you a 2nd email, Mary ... I hope it gets there!

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. Ah, yes to be content on a very long weekend was I as well. Your words are a blessing to the ear for all to hear HOPE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love being home with nowhere to go while everyone else is out there making themselves crazy traffic?

      ;-}

      Delete
  4. Spending time at home is one of my favorite ways to spend any weekend. It's a tough adjustment in sobriety to come to grips with staying out of certain situations. Eventually we relax into the beauty and incredible joy of home. Many blessings to this amazing sister of recovery! May she continue in this peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you've blessed 'this amazing sister of recovery!' Thanks, Candace, for extending that lovely grace ...

      You're a sweetheart!

      ;-}

      Delete
  5. Linda,
    Thank you for sharing your client's words -- they are impactful! She has discovered a secret worth knowing -- how to enjoy life as it comes, spending a quiet day with a book outdoors, even when she has no plans with a holiday weekend looming. I hope she continues to find grace and growth and rest! (And you too, Linda!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, may we all continue to find grace and growth and rest. Most of us are sorely in need of all three of these lifelines!

      Thanks for being here, Valerie ...

      Delete
  6. What peace comes when we give the control we think we have to God. We don't need to have that frenzied life or turn to something tat controls us.
    Congrats to your client!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the frenzied life comes to us in more ways than a frantic search for yet another bottle. We live that out in a myriad of ways, don't we, Sarah.

      To give Him complete control? Yes and amen.

      Thanks for visiting here tonight!

      Delete
  7. Praise God for healing and peace to be found in Him! Thank you for sharing this inspiring, honest post. Linked up with you at Saved by Grace -- hope you'll stop by for a visit!
    God bless,
    Laurie
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've captured why my clients are such special women ... they are inspiring, they are honest, and God is doing such a beautiful healing in their lives.

      I honor them all today!

      Thanks for stopping by, Laurie ...

      Delete
  8. What a calm and peaceful post - almost hear the exhale of living a sober life with letting go of everything and embracing a grateful, meaningful moment. - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is an exhale going on, one day at a time, right?

      Thanks for sharing your link, Bren. Writing in community sure is a lifeline, yes?

      Blessings ...

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...