Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Creekside 2015 Trailer

A trailer or preview is an advertisement or a commercial for a feature film
that will be exhibited in the future at a cinema.  The term "trailer" comes from
their having originally been shown at the end of a feature film screening. 
That practice did not last long, because patrons tended
to leave the theater after the films ended, but the name has stuck.
 
Since the purpose of the trailer is to attract an audience to the film, these excerpts
are usually drawn from the most exciting, funny, or otherwise noteworthy parts of the film
but in abbreviated form and usually without producing spoilers. {source}
 
 
 
 
As we continue doing life together,
here's what'll be coming to a screen near you ...
 
blogheart
Once a month, we'll be going behind the scenes of our writing, past the numbers and the how-tos, and head straight to the heart of what we do and why.  The best part?  A FREE name-it-and-claim-it blog coaching session that comes with each post. 

But you'll have to be quick to grab it!   


Dear Linda
Send me your questions and I'll attempt to respond with a bit of encouraging insight ... or some straight talk! Relationships, ministry leadership, life balance, homekeeping, or other random challenges?  Let's put it right on the table.  Keep in mind that I'm a board certified pastoral counselor and a certified life coach ... not a doctor, lawyer, or a licensed mental health professional.

Go ahead and email me a question or two right nowIf your note is used in this monthly feature, your name will not be shared and your question may be edited for space.


From Hither & Yon
These super-shareworthy online reads appear at the bottom of the right hand column.  The links will come and go randomly, so be sure to check what's featured whenever you stop by.


Sabbath Oasis
Weekend posts are a great big cornerstone around here, because our relationship with Christ is the core foundation of who we are and all we do.  You'll continue to see carefully selected Scripture along with some music or a prayer or maybe a few purposeful thoughts. 

These simple offerings are designed to provide us with a refreshing spiritual oasis in the midst of all the online social media craziness.


Year #8
February kicks off my 8th year of blogging!  I'm going to be giving away goodies right and left all month ... and sharing a surprise or two.  Grab the confetti and plan on dropping in often to party with us!


Loving what God's doing ~






what would YOU like to see here in 2015?

&

before you leave, please take a moment
to send your Dear Linda questions here

&

i'd so love if you'd subscribe

20 comments:

  1. Hey Linda! i didn't know you were a counselor and CLC. I just spent several hours (along with my wife) speaking with a young lady with PTSD from being raised Amish and having the Bible used as a club (as well as time in a cult). Where were you when I needed you? :) I wish I could get this young lady in contact with someone who could help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those stories could make me weep, Bill.

      Here's some leads in tracking down some good Christian counseling
      http://creeksideministries.blogspot.com/2013/08/finding-christian-counselor.html

      Readers - please share this information with your social media friends. Let's get the word out that there IS hope and healing and competent, trained Christians counselors ... who DON'T use the Bible as a club.

      Delete
  2. WELL NOW--I have questions--and I like to win prizes--so count me in, Friend!

    Like your blogging with purpose!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth ... do we have QUESTIONS! I'm so looking forward to these new opportunities.

      And I am so grateful that you're traveling along with me, faithful friend!

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed--eight years of blogging! I can't believe I've kept it up for two years, but eight. Wow! What a beautiful ministry you provide, my friend. I'll be sure and check by often :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kind! Your words encourage me today, Anita. Thank you!

      ;-}

      Delete
  4. I love your blog plans for the new year! The "ask Linda" sounds good - it is always interesting to hear different views and advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to get your questions, Marilyn! How come I know they're gonna be GOOD ones?

      ;-}

      Delete
  5. Here's to a great 8th year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're in community with us here Loren ...

      Delete
  6. Happy 8 years of blogging. I'm so glad to have spent two of them (I believe two) with you. And looks like the year ahead holds exciting stuff for us. Just super glad to gather with you here for another year. Dear Linda...oh, let me make sense of all the clutter in my head and send you a question!
    Have a lovely weekend, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear your question, Beth! Looking forward to lots of great dialogues in the months ahead. And 2 years? God is so good to have brought us together. I appreciate how iron sharpens iron, ya know?

      I hope your weekend is filled with peace and rest, friend ...

      Delete
    2. Hey friend. Still working through the clutter in my head. It's been a bit exhausting lately. Excited to see what others may be leaving with you. Wishing you a beautiful week. xoxo

      Delete
    3. Clutter's ok. Really! Just email me what you've got and I'll pull it together for us, ok?

      Peace be with you ...

      ;-}

      Delete
  7. This is awesome Linda. A big Hurray and thumbs up. Be refreshed in this your eight year.
    God's Blessings to you.
    http://purposefulandmeaningful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, refreshed is a great word! I've kept things as low key as possible in recent weeks and I'm feelin' it.

      Sabbath joys, Ifeoma!

      Delete
  8. Love this post, Linda! I love the sneak preview of what's coming and I love the ideas for features that you've developed! Very refreshing and encouraging post! Looking forward to another year of sharing this blogging journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited at what God's doing in this little community! And I'm glad you're here with us, Dar. He never disappoints with His faithfulness ...

      Thanks for visiting on this icy afternoon!

      ;-}

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...