Saturday, January 17, 2015

In Which We Offer Wide Open Praise

My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
 
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
 
I will praise You, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of You among the peoples.
 
For great is Your love, higher than the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
 
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let Your glory be over all the earth.
- Psalm 108:1-5.
 
 

 
We worship You, Oh God!
 
For You are majestically awesome.

And due every bit of honor and adoration we can pour at Your feet.
 
You are supremely mighty yet gently tender.
 
Powerful beyond description and endlessly faithful.
 
We can't even begin to fathom Your wisdom and justice.
 
Holy, holy, holy.
 
All glory and praise are rightfully Yours.
 
Our feeble attempts at finding the right words to praise You
can't begin to scratch the surface of how deep our love and gratitude flow.
 
All we can do is bow the knee, 
eternally grateful that You see our wide open hearts ... and love us just the same.
 
In the Name of the Father, Son, and Spirit.
 
Amen.



16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. After all our talk here this week about opening windows, the song just kept coming to mind ...

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda! I know another song that uses this Psalm, and I love it. Isn't it fun to think that King David used the 'sky' as the ultimate length of what he knew? And yet now, we can see beyond the sky to outer space. And still the image of the sky is so beautiful, and means the same. That love is so wide, so high, so deep...and for you and me and everyone in the world. So hard to comprehend, but so comforting too.

    I pray you are having a good Sunday! Maybe a little football in your future??
    Hugs,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words just can't capture the deepest, most profound mysteries. We try, but few of us can grasp the depth of the marvels of life and faith.

      Yep, the game will probably go on ... my husband uses it as a sedative if he needs a bit of a nap. I'm more a Downton Abbey kind of girl ...

      Praying for your healing, friend!

      Delete
  3. First time to hear this song. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your prayer of praise! I also love the song you chose! What joy we feel when we truly praise God! I was reading in Psalms this morning and learned that praising God is our way of showing thanks and appreciation. I know I do not do it enough. This is an uplifting way of giving God all the glory. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so worthy of our gratitude and praise! Now ... to be intentional about showering Him with our love as we walk through the ordinary dailyness of our schedules and routines. He's a creative God, and I can't help but think that He loves when we get creative in how we express our adoration to Him!

      May you be surrounded with sheer grace as you make your way through this week, Mary ...

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for this, my friend. I just put on my headphones and listened to this awesome music after reading your beautiful words. What a powerful combination :)! I've felt a little disconnected lately from not spending enough time in His Word. Time to refocus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So grateful that He's inviting you to a deeper place, Candace ... He loves you so!

      ;-}

      Delete
  6. Linda,
    Yes...Amen...This always amazes me: " You are supremely mighty yet gently tender." So very grateful. Hope you had a restful weekend. Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am a restful sabbath lover!

      Thanks for being here today, Dolly ...

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...