Friday, January 23, 2015

A Grace-Gift for the Weary & Broken


video

/   /   /

Dear Lord ~

How thankful we are that You don't tire of us calling on You!

Your patient grace lets us know that You value us. 

Treasure us, really.

Even when our lives are messy or crazed or out-of-sorts.

We come to You, weary and broken, right smack dab in the midst of it all.

You smile as You reach out with Your tender, affirming touch.

And as You whisper encouragements or direction or correction, You offer peace.

How thirsty we are for the gift of Your presence.

We praise You for Your lavish loving care.

In Jesus Name ~

Amen.

/   /   /

I love the Lord, for He heard my voice;
He heard my cry for mercy.

Because He turned His ear to me,
I will call on Him as long as I live.

The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

Then I called on the name of the Lord;
'O Lord, save me!'

The Lord is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.

The Lord protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, He saved me.

Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you.

For You, O Lord,
have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling,

that I may walk before the Lord
in the land of the living.
~   Psalm 116:1-9  ~

17 comments:

  1. Have this Nicole song on my playlist---LOVE IT! YES---call on Jesus!!

    Happy Weekend, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love the gift of song? I'm singing along with you (and Nicole!) this weekend. May this sabbath be a cause for rejoicing, friend ...

      Delete
  2. Nice!

    I had something of a revelation the other day, that we can actually offer God a safe place to rest, when He's weary and care-worn.

    He was, once, after all.

    I'm not broken, so God can pull in behind me and rest a spell, because there's no safer place than behind a Texan who don't know how to spell "surendar", much less do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm ... Isaiah 40 says that God 'does not faint or grow weary.' But for sure, Jesus knew our every weakness when He was here walking around on this planet. I can't help believe that He'd love for you to lean into Him and renew your strength in His loving arms.

      Sabbath rest for you, my fightin' friend!

      Delete
  3. Praying with you, Linda. How grateful we are indeed that despite our shortcomings, He does not and will not, never give up on us. :)

    Have a peaceful weekend, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful Savior!

      Resting in His arms of mercy, we are.

      Sabbath blessings to you, Super Girl!

      Delete
  4. This prayer spoke right to my weary from this past week and provided a safety net in God to allow me rest. Thank you for allowing God to speak through you with this prayer! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of us is a stranger to weariness ... and who among us hasn't gone though those seasons of brokenness.

      Praying for you right now, even as we speak, Mary. May the deepest sabbath rest be yours ...

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda! I like the part about "Be at rest once more O my soul". It's like David is speaking directly to his soul. Isn't that beautiful? If I stay quiet enough, I can sing over my soul, just like Nicole is doing there. And then it sings over me too. What grace we have with the Lord and his Spirit.
    Wishing you a blessed Sunday my friend,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To choose to sing from our souls, to invite the Spirit to speak truth and comfort and beauty? What a powerfully blessed assurance that He is alive and well and active deep within.

      I hope this has been a sabbath that has fed and encouraged you, dear Ceil ... thank you for celebrating it here with me, with us.

      Delete
  6. Love Nicole C. Mullen and that song, Linda! It's so true - we just need to call on Jesus! Why in the world do we wait? Thanks for the Sunday inspiration, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Beth! I say 'amen' to your words ... and let's hear it for no more delays. He's waiting with arms wide open.

      I hear Nicole singing in the night when I awake ... and I am comforted by her words. God is good to give us this gorgeous gift of song.

      So grateful we can offer each other sabbath encouragement back and forth! Your videos have been come a very lovely part of my Sunday afternoon ...

      ;-}

      Delete
  7. "How thirsty we are for the gift of Your presence.
    We praise You for Your lavish loving care."

    As so often happens, your words speak to me, Linda, right where I am. Thank you for putting into words what we're so often feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You encourage me today, Lisa. I so appreciate your kind words. And praise God for what He's doing here ...

      Stay cozy, friend!

      Delete
  8. I love coming here. You bless and encourage me Every. Single. Time.
    Love you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...