Friday, December 12, 2014

In Which Our Souls Rest as Our Hallelujahs Rise

'Hallelujah!
 
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for true and just are His judgments.
 
Amen, Hallelujah!
 
Praise our God, all you His servants, you who fear Him, both small and great!
 
Hallelujah!
 
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
 
Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory.'
~ Revelation 19
 
 

 

Dear Heavenly King ~
 
Would you please help us lay aside our far-too-busy calendars, the endless lists and complex cookie recipies, those rolls of gift wrap waiting to be unfurled and put to work, that gradually escalating frantic spirit that yanks at someplace deep within. 
 
Keep on prompting us to turn off every device that grabs hold of our rapidly fraying attention span and distracts from what is most necessary.
 
Gentle us, settle our restlessness, and invite us to breathe deep and allow Your Spirit to come closer than ever before.  We long to lean into Your everlasting arms ... and we so need to remember the rugged sacrificial journey from splendor to feeding trough.  Carpenter's workshop to waterside.  Hilltop cross to miraculously empty tomb. 
 
And back up to heaven's sacred splendor again.
 
We long for our heart-praises to soar high aloft to You, the only One who is worthy of our adoration.  And we need Your help in offering those hallelujahs with every bit of joyful exuberance that You promise to provide.
 
'Oh come to my heart, Lord Jesus, there is room in my heart for Thee.'
 
Amen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
* sharing Hallelujahs with Holley 



16 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PRAYER---And I will give you an AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a good prayer partner, yes?

      Advent weekend blessings to you, friend ...

      Delete
  2. This is my absolute favorite song right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't you love to have been at that coffeehouse house that evening?

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. I posted this song early this week. What a powerful song! Cloverton definitely "redeemed" the song from its original version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this lovely offering is making the rounds through our online communities ...

      Advent weekend blessings to you, Bill!

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda! What a wonderful video! I'm familiar with the music and the different lyric...this is so inspirational.
    You know what else I found inspiring? That instead of my constant prayer that He give me more room in my heart, I should follow your lead and just TELL him that there is room! That takes more faith and trust than my prayer. Love that :)
    Always pushing me forward my friend. You'll get me to heaven yet!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, friend ... your faith in Christ is your guarantee to heaven. What a wonderful Savior!

      Enjoy this, yet another week of Advent ...

      Delete
  5. Your prayer is a warm embrace for my heart. Thank you for words that I am thinking but you wrote for us to see. Blessed by your heart for God and the meaning of this season. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Him so ... and I love this time of year. Especially when He quiets me and I can simply be still. Yes, Mary, yes.

      Delete
  6. Linda, love this line "Gentle us, settle our restlessness, and invite us to breathe deep and allow Your Spirit to come closer than ever before."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen again! A daily prayer this needs to be ...

      Thanks, Summer, for being here.

      Delete
  7. Linda,
    Yes to putting aside our complex cookie recipes and rolls of gift wrap -- two things I get wrapped up in and like to do perfectly! How peaceful to remember that these things only stand in the way of appreciating all this season reminds us of and to enjoy it, not get wrapped up in it! Blessings to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, 'not wrapped up in it!' And no pun intended!

      Now ... to keep a right perspective, so when all is said and done, it truly was about His pleasure.

      Thanks for stopping in, Valerie!

      Delete
  8. Oh my. That song. Your prayer. Heavenly. I am thoroughly blessed right now. Listening to the song again so sticking around for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticking around for a bit makes this blogger smile. Yes, I just love when people are able to take the time and wander around and make themselves at home in this space ...

      You said it well, Beth!

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...