Tuesday, December 9, 2014

10 Superb Stocking Stuffers

 I grabbed this photo from a few years back.  Things are alot simpler this Christmas.  {Although the man is currently sporting a 3 foot stocking which leaves mine in the dust.}
Anyway ... I'll be snipping a small armful of holly to arrange around the three family portraits that currently reside on the oak fireplace mantel he crafted all those years ago.
But as much as I'm embracing a much more minimalist holiday theme,
I do adore a good Christmas stocking!
{hint, hint}

Here's some of my favorite stuffable pleasures ...
go ahead and click on the red links to browse a bit. 

/    /    /

JESUS CALLING - 365 DAY PERPETUAL CALENDAR
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1608176428?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1608176428&linkCode=xm2&tag=atthecrossroa-20

Jesus Calling has become a very dear little devotional book ... and I love that it now comes in this flip-top calendar.  And actually, I already ordered this ... for myself!  My husband Santa will be pretty surprised to find a little treasure already in my stocking when he comes laden with gifts. Unless he reads this post.  Which he probably will.
$9.18


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IFN9?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00006IFN9&linkCode=xm2&tag=atthecrossroa-20
You need a decent pair of sharp scissors in every pen / pencil mug or desk drawer.  Especially since you can never find them when you need them most.
$8.97




PRECISE V-5 STICK ROLLING BALL PENS - EXTRA FINE POINT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J07E7I?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B000J07E7I&linkCode=xm2&tag=atthecrossroa-20

Keep a set of these gorgeous smooth-writing colors at your desk where you write cards and notes ... and stash another set right by your journal.
$10.99 / 7 pack






http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004Z47L?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00004Z47L&linkCode=xm2&tag=atthecrossroa-20
Over time, my journal's become a bit of a scrapbook.  I love using this tape to attach pictures, feathers, movie tickets, handwritten notes, and all kinds of special keepsakes to its pages.
$2.39






BONNE BELL LIP SMACKERS LIP GLOSS
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IHRXP50?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00IHRXP50&linkCode=xm2&tag=atthecrossroa-20

I've been using Bonne Bell every single day since I was a teenager.  A few years back, my dermatologist looked at me like I was crazy when I told him.  Who cares?  This is a pleaser whether she's 4 or 94.
$11.95 / 7 pack

Warm tootsies are hard to come by during these long chilly winters.  I love these toasty fuzzies because they've got little treads on the bottom so you won't go flying down the stairs.  I wear them all the time indoors and in my fleecy boots when I venture outside.
$18.99 - $19.99 / 6 pairs



LINDT LINDOR MILK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

These heavenly chocolate orbs are simply divine as they melt into your mouth.  It's ok, go ahead.  You can start your diet next week.
$12.99 / 60 candies





http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JDGC78?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B000JDGC78&linkCode=xm2&tag=atthecrossroa-20

Splurge.  Get a great big Balsam & Cedar jar now ... and anything vanilla for the new year, a familiar scent in the counseling office for stress relief.  Really.  This hefty necessary luxury seem to last forever.  {Hint - you can usually find them cheaper at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.} 
$25.95 / 22 oz. jar






MR. BUBBLE BATH

Hands down, a long soak in a steaming bubble bath is my go-to stress reliever.  The cheap stuff works just as well as the expensive brands.  If you can't find me, I'm probably in the tub.
$12.95 / 36 oz. 2 pack




I refuse to head out the door without my off-white infinity scarf wrapped tightly around my neck.  And here's a rainbow of 33 colors to choose from!  If you're always cold, this is a must-have winter item.  Go ahead and wear it in the house if need be.
$12.99



/    /    /
So ... what do you want to spy in YOUR Christmas stocking?
And what gadgets are you putting in HIS?
The 11 Best Christmas Gifts Ever
Ho ~ Ho ~ Ho

/    /

2012 photo

If you purchase anything by clicking on these links,
I'll be getting a few cents from Amazon.
And just maybe I'll buy another little something
to sneak into my someone's stocking before Christmas Eve.

Prices may have been adjusted since this post went online.

/   

sharing holiday cheer with Kristen & Holley & Marianne

30 comments:

  1. I always struggle with stocking stuffer ideas so appreciating this list. I am taking Friday off to spend the day shopping. Unfortunately I was out of PTO days so I will be making no money and spending money at the same time. But I am rather excited for a day to myself (well, not technically by myself since I am sure I won't be the only one shopping). Much love to you, friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's fun to do a bit of browsing with a friend, yes? And sometimes it's all about taking care of business, list in hand, a woman on a mission.

      I hear ya'. And I hope you have fun in the process. I did two very quick jaunts to the mall, in and out as fast as my feet would take me. I do love shopping online. But today I discovered that a package has been sitting in a post office a half hour north of here for 4 days.

      Sigh.

      ;-}

      Think it'll arrive in time for Christmas?

      Delete
  2. It is amazing that we grew up in the same house! Your stocking stuffers are a lot better than mine. Here is a typical stocking stuffer list from the other side of the family. One Avon lip balm - $1.50 from Cape Cod flea market, one Nestle candy bar, 79 cents from local CVS, one pair slipper sox - free with hospital stay, one 99 cent spiral notebook from Ocean State Odd Lot, one bag Planter's Peanuts, 99 cents from recent Stop & Shop trip and one orange - grabbed from the fridge on Christmas Eve to fill the empty space left in my stocking. Admitting to the orange, was approved by my husband who says he always forgets to buy enough stocking stuffers. So have a great Christmas - it is the thought that counts. By the way, if you have an extra Bonnie Bell lip balm from your 7 pack - my birthday is in January! Ho- Ho- Ho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'one pair slipper sox - free with hospital stay'

      You're just TOO MUCH, Mah! Now everyone knows who has the sense of humor in the family!

      And yes, these are over the top stuffers, but you can split the pens, candy, socks between stockings. And these ideas are far beyond the typically boring things I often put in.

      We can always dream, can't we!

      Love ya' ...

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. hehe you are so cute. Santa does read your blog-he told me! ;)
    I may or may not have bought a box of Scripture tea for my stocking.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm not the only one to give the jolly old man a hand in filling that red felt stocking ... Scripture tea, huh? Cool!

      ;-}

      Delete
    2. Lifeway. It was pumpkin spice and just kind of jumped into my basket ;)

      Delete
    3. Ah ... my husband's current favorite coffee.

      ;-}

      Delete
  4. Linda, thank you for ALWAYS sharing such great, practical, interesting ideas for gifts...wonderful creative thinking and problem solving skills for this season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sweetie, girl! Thanks for sharing in this little celebration this week! I'm truly glad you've joined us here ...

      ;-}

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda! Wow, you are good at this! I love my Fiskars scissors, and Lindor's truffles. Nice work! I hope Santa is reading this blog today. I was going to kid you about your stocking, but in light of your husband's upgrade, I'll keep my peace.
    I usually put in travel size items like shave cream, toothpaste and shampoo. So nifty to have when packing. And a good candy cane. No stocking is complete with out that! Oh, and a Pez candy. It's a ritual around here!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those travel size items ... who wants to haul the 32 oz. economy size of anything when you're going away for a quick trip?

      I'd love to share truffles with you ... and everyone else hanging out around the stockings this week! Yum.

      You always make me smile when you arrive here! I hope you're having a great one, friend ...

      Delete
  6. Nice list! Here are my practical stocking stuffer ideas. Scissors are a great one, but Santa must make sure to wrap something around the blades so they don't cut the stocking or the recipient's hand!

    Last year in my stocking I got a very long, thin silicone scraper. It's excellent for getting the last bits of food out of the bottoms of jars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey All ... be sure to check out Becca's link to the best stocking stuffer list ever! Thanks for joining the conversation, Becca! You sure have brought alot to the table ...

      And good POINT about wrapping those scissors up {no pun intended!}

      And how did you get Blogger to do a link on the comment? Would love to know ...

      Delete
  7. I stuff my stockings with my feet these days---life is MUCH simiplier!

    GREAT IDEAS though for all of those who still stuff them with other goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping in for coffee! Great ideas here, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you've stopped in and introduced yourself, Rachel! The welcome mat is out for you ... and I think I'll go brew a cup of something nice and hot on this snowy evening just in case!

      Thanks so much for coming by ...

      Delete
  9. Great ideas! Just make sure you have a VERY sturdy stocking and that it's bolted to the mantle if you're expecting Santa to leave you that yummy candle ;). I have one, and it would do in a pinch to take out any would-be robbers ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he wants to leave a little package or two by the fire, I'm good with that!

      Take out robbers ... that's FUNNY!

      Thanks, Anita, for joining the party!

      Delete
  10. You have many of my faves listed here, Linda! But I didn't know there was a Jesus Calling daily calendar. I always get one and was wondering what I would choose this year, so now you've solved the mystery for me! Thanks, sweet girlfriend! I hope your December is purring like a contented kitty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After sitting in the local post office for 5 days, the Jesus Calling calendar has finally arrived. I will wrap it today and look astonishingly surprised when I open it on December 25th.

      ;-}

      Delete
  11. I had to pop in when I saw the picture of your stocking. My stocking growing up looked exactly like that but of course it and the name Mary on it! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're talkin' circa 1955 here, right?

      ;-}

      Ho ho ho ...

      Delete
    2. A little bit later than 1955... but still the same stocking! :)

      Delete
  12. I bought the warm infinity scarf for my son's girlfriend but didn't hide it properly and the dog chewed it up. lol. Guess I need to go buy another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO! This cracked me up ... which I'm sure was not your response.

      8-}

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...