Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Serendipitous Benediction

'May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,

and the love of God,

and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit

be with you all.'
~ 2 Corinthians 13:14




May luscious scented roses pop out of nowhere, ignoring late fall's frosty mood swings.
 
And may you take the time to search for even more unexpected joys that His creation has to offer.
 
 
 
As you tuck your gloved hand into the warm grasp of another,
 
whether their grip be little or big,
 
may you have wisdom to slow down and choose to unplug from even the smallest of screens.
 
And give to the soul who walks alongside
 
 the simple gift of your complete and undivided attention.
 
 
 
Together, may your eyes be open wide to all the serendipitous gifts
 
He has so lovingly placed on your sometimes rocky pathway.
 
 
 
And may you discover, yet once again, that He Himself holds His beloved tight and close ...
and He will not let you fall.
 
In Jesus' Name ~
Amen.
 

 
/ /
 
taking pink roses to Courtney's
  

12 comments:

  1. AMEN, Sister---Nothing else needs saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His Word says it all, doesn't it, Lulu. This, one of my favorite benediction blessings in the New Testament!

      Delete
  2. I am enjoying wearing flip flops today. Gotta savor it while I can! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a way to kick off December ... early autumn weather! Grab 'em while we can, yes?

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. I love that verse in 2 Corinthians, one reason being it includes each of the trinity, Jesus, God, Spirit. Such a sense of fullness. And that's what I feel from your benediction as well. To be fully present in community. Thanks, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This community right here wouldn't quite be what it is without your steady, wise presence, Lisa. I'm always grateful when you stop by.

      Have a great week as we launch into December!

      Delete
  4. With each line of your prayer, my smile got wider and wider - beautiful, love-filled reminder to notice the good stuff He gives us in the good and challenge of the daily! Shalom, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it neat to smile as we pray?

      What a loving God we serve!

      Delete
  5. Amen! I find such calm and reassurance in your words! Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm ... blessed assurance, Jesus is OURS! How blessed we are to be in His calming, peaceful presence.

      Delete
  6. THANK YOU, Linda. I could not properly express how much I needed these words today. You've been on my heart too. I want to schedule a call soon. But this line right here >>> "may you have wisdom to slow down and choose to unplug from even the smallest of screens."
    I think they were just the push I needed to unplug from social media for a bit. I want to be present. Oh how I need to be present.
    I just adore you and am so grateful you are a part of my life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth. More of us are heeding the call to be fully present right in the moment where we are, with the people who wait endlessly for us to turn from our screens and give them the attention they deserve.

      I'm with you on this, dear friend. Absolutely.

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...