Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Zealous Joy

Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God Himself willing and working at what will give Him the most pleasure.
 
Do everything readily and cheerfully - no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God.
Philippians 2 {The Message}

 
 
 
Dear Lord ~
 
We want to live fully alive, filled with the energetically zealous joy of Your Spirit!  May we always be aware that anything of beauty we have to offer comes from Your sacred hand.  It's nothing we've drummed up.  It's You, simply overflowing out of souls that are blazing with a delightfully passionate love for You.
 
Send us out into our world with a powerful radiance, a compelling purity that can't help but be noticed.  Not because we're odd or weird, but because YOU SHINE, God.  And that miraculous glory, even in these most imperfect frames, cannot be denied.
 
In Jesus Name ~
Amen
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~> sharing His joy @ Courtney's

13 comments:

  1. It's a high call, but by the grace of God, we will deliver and accomplish the call. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it well, friend. Only by His unlimited grace!

      Sweet sabbath rest to you, to yours ...

      Delete
  2. He's certainly answering your prayer, my friend. YOU shine, Linda. Always a great encouragement to me and, I know, to many others as well. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where would we be without Jesus? Your encouraging words have blessed me today, June. Thank you so much for sharing in community here ...

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda! I chuckled at the part about being 'odd or weird'. I think we might be seen that way in certain sectors of society, but not in our Creator's eyes.
    I loved the way you phrased that our beauty is his light shining in our being. I really think that's true. Anything good that I can do comes down from the Father of Lights. I love that image.
    Keep on shinin' my friend!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too often we're far too concerned about how other people view us as believers. That's a stumbling block I want to toss to the side.

      I love that you've come to visit. And again, more congrats on your Chicken Soup for the Soul article being published! Hey reader - go check out Ceil's site, she's got a giveaway going on!

      You go, girl!

      8-}

      Delete
  4. I resonate with what you're sharing here, Linda, because I've been mulling over in my mind these past few days "entitlement." I've been asking myself what do I feel I deserve--even if it's subconscious. And the shocking reality is that I feel I deserve so much. But as you've so eloquently stated here, every good gift is from the Lord. So how can I feel I deserve any of it? I'm just so grateful that God doesn't give me what I deserve! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't that the truth, Beth. He showers mercy down on us ... all that grace so freely given. My response? Gratitude, yes. Showing grace to others. Yes, and aiming to live that out purposefully more and more.

      I am learning with you, friend.

      Delete
  5. You've been tweeted because I just loved this so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweet, tweet! Thanks for sharing the Scripture and this prayer with your tribe, Beth. I appreciate that we're spreading His Word together ...

      Have a great evening, friend!

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...