Thursday, October 9, 2014

Scones * autumn nesting delights

The old oven that runs 25 degrees hotter than it should is up and running again.  Even this not-all-that-crazy-about-having-to-make-dinner cook is spending just a bit more time in the kitchen these days.
 
Panko-crusted mini-pork chops {a fancy way for saying that I cut regular chops in half}.  Roasted sweet potato fries.  Mom's from-scratch biscuits.  Duncan Hines brownies {I'm not proud}.  An apple crisp to die for. 
 
And these luscious treats, my favorite thing to bake.
 
Piping hot fresh flaky scones.   
 
 
 
 
So easy.  And incredibly delicious.  You can use whatever dried fruit you have laying around - raisins, apricots, cranberries.  Or do what I did and dig out some of those blueberries you froze mid-summer when they were practically giving them away at the farmer's market.
 
 
 
 
Stir together

2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
 
Cut in 1/3 cup softened butter.  Stir in {at least!} 1/2 cup fruit.
 
Stir in 3/4 cup milk til dough just clings together.
 
 
 
 
Pat on lightly floured surface til round and 3/4" thick.
 
 
 
 
Cut into 8 wedges and place on greased cookie sheet. 
 
Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
 
 
 
 
Bake @ 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
 
 


So absolutely yummy I just had to take a bite before grabbing the camera.  Delicious morning, noon, teatime, supper, bedtime.  Whenever you're feeling a little bit snack-y!

 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
this post is a bit of a repeat performance
 
//
 
Jump into the conversation during our autumn nesting delights house party and you'll put yourself in the the running for one of the two giveaways of Myquillyn Smith's book, THE NESTING PLACE!
 
Simply leave a comment below.  Or email it to me at Linda@CreeksideMinistries.com.
 
You'll love The Nester's little guide.  Discover the freedom in knowing that our homes don't have to be perfect or expensively decorated to be absolutely beautiful!  And that it's okay to grab a brush and bravely paint 'good wood.'  Put nails in the walls wherever your creative heart pleases.  And gleefully repurpose your furniture and cherished possessions as you drag them from one room to the next
 
Find out more about this super giveaway and catch up on every day of the series over here.
 
And sign up over there ... and you won't miss a post!

//

Sharing scones with Kristen

14 comments:

  1. I have actually never had a scone!! After looking at this post I am definitely going to try making them. Would be a nice gift for my friend having surgery this month.....add a cute basket, some tea and a funky teacup (I'll be checking out "The Barn") . Thanks for the ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right on, Val ... nothing beats a little homemade something when you're feeling under the weather. What a gift!

      And yes, let's hear it for THE BARN!
      http://www.thebarnthriftshop.com/

      ;-}

      Delete
  2. Yum, thank you for the recipe. I've actually been looking for a good one for scones. I had to laugh at your brownie comment. My husband actually prefers the Duncan Hines chocolate brownie mix over everything else. He says they taste the closest to the way his momma's brownies used to taste. I'm happy to oblige him, and make them often!! Happy Friday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's good enough for his mama, it's good enough for me!

      Enjoy ...

      Delete
  3. I don't cook or bake. I love me some scones so I'm on my way over. :)))) Those look oh so yummy. Happy Friday, friend. I owe you an email too. But you will be happy to hear I finally made a decision regarding TWW and it just happens to be the one I was leading toward when we spoke a while back. :)
    Love you, friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm scones and some good blog coaching conversation sounds good right about now, Beth!

      Keep me posted, girl ...

      Delete
  4. I ADORE scones. And blueberries. Be right over! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kettle's whistling away! I'll set the table ...

      Would be fun!

      ;-}

      Delete
    2. May visions of scones dance in your head! Sleep well ...

      8-}

      Delete
  5. well, I actually made some...but i somehow they ended up doughy - as in not cooked. they looked good though. I did try cooking them longer, but didn't work! oh well. If i ever make out your way, make some for me if i stop by! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! Maybe a bit hotter oven or a few minutes longer? I usually break open one before I pull the cookie sheet out and if it's a bit doughy, throw 'em back in for 3-4 minutes.

      BUT, I would be more than happy to whip up a batch for you, Carol ... if only you lived closer!!!

      Delete
  6. Linda,
    Those scones look delicious...I think I can even smell them :)

    Blessings,
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there anything remotely as wonderful as the aroma of some kind of fabulous carbs baking {not burning!} in the oven?

      Yum ...

      Have a cozy weekend, Dolly!

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...