Saturday, October 18, 2014

Builders * autumn nesting delights

A wise woman builds her home,
but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.
 
Those who follow the right path fear the Lord;
those who take the wrong path despise Him.
Proverbs 14:1-2 {NLT}


 
 
God ~
 
Honestly, we're fools if we think that we're not being destructive when we carelessly react rather than thoughtfully respond to what's going on in our families.
 
When we're hurt or frustrated or scared or disappointed, give us an extra shot or two of that desperately needed patient graciousness.  Help us to take a deep breath ... and calm our racing hearts with the gentle whisper of Your Spirit's presence.  Remind us, once again, that You have called us to be builders of godly character and builders of loving relationships. 
 
Ernest eternal Kingdom builders.
 
And we can be these kind of women and men only by Your always necessary grace.
 
Please don't give up on us!  Mold and make us to be saner, wiser, holier.  And fill us to overflowing so what we pour into those awaiting souls around us are merciful, lifegiving springs of living water.
 
For Your Glory ~
Amen.
 
 
Two Years Later, Remembering
1923 - 2012
 
=
 
Leave a prayerful thought on this post and you'll put yourself in the the running
for one of the two giveaways of Myquillyn Smith's book, THE NESTING PLACE
 
Click here for the details of the giveaway
and
 the links to all the autumn nesting delights posts.
 
=
 
building with Courtney

14 comments:

  1. AMEN! Nothing to add to this beautiful prayer!
    Weekend Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your Sabbath be restfully rejuvenating, Lulu ...

      Delete
  2. Linda,

    Praying "Amen" with you because I want to be a builder and not a destroyer....Blessings on your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, Dolly. Only by His grace. Because it's so easy to head in the other direction, isn't it.

      I hope this has been a sabbath that has been filled with renewal for you.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful.
    Thankful He doesn't give up on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For where would we be without Jesus. I shudder to even go there.

      I'm grateful you're sharing in community with us, Loralee ...

      Delete
  4. Amen! I'm going to be asking for patient graciousness for those I come in contact with this week. I love the picture because it reminds me of the tool bench my dad used to have! :) I would love your prayers as I travel to Greenville, SC for Allume at the end of this week. I'm so excited and a lot nervous to be among so many amazing women! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be alot of nervous, too! I can't wait to hear about your experience, Mary!

      And yes, this was a bit of the area in my father-in-law's workshop. I am confident that he is resting in peace with His Savior ...

      Blessings, friend.

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda! You had me 'racing hearts'. That happens when I'm flummoxed or surprised. I don't know what to say, so of course, I say something really stupid. I'm with Loralee. Thanks be to him who just buries his face in his hands for a nanosecond, and comes up ready to help me again.
    Sunday blessings!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing that He doesn't give up on us, doesn't grow bored or tired or weary with our stumbling, bumbling faith.

      I love Him so!

      And I appreciate you being in my life, Ceil. I am so grateful for your supportive presence ...

      Delete
  6. I think you and I were on the same wavelength--letting God be our Deliverer of His Grace--with this post, Linda. I say a very similar thing in my video for this week. I suppose it needs to be said because it is what will show the world that we are believers (John 13:35)! Love ya, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, are we on the same wave length or what?

      When I headed over to watch your Sunday video, you talked about being safe ... and I had just penned those exact words in a different context for the final autumn nesting post that will be published later this week.

      What's He trying to say?

      Spirit led. That's all I can hope ... and pray. Love what He's doing at your place ... and here, too.

      Delete
  7. I definitely need patient graciousness! Stat! :)
    Hope you had a glorious weekend Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I couldn't be the only one, Sarah!

      Sigh.

      Yes, the weekend was delightful in every sense. Precious time with my family. Wonderful worship. Time in stillness. Beautiful creation at its peak. All crowned with a very long nap.

      God is so good!

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...