Gratitude floods me deep, fills me to overflowing ...
1. The blog forum series blew the roof off this little space. And the best part wasn't all the new visitors and fun comments. It was giving away coaching sessions to those who wanted to take their blogs to the next level. To pick up the phone and hear the voice of an online friend for the first time? Just too incredible.
2. And if that wasn't enough, I savored some incredible heart-to-heart time with a sweet faraway blogging friend ... face-to-face. It was more than I could of asked or imagined. Add a local blogging sister and our three men, and it turned out to be the most amazing evening ever. A few days later we celebrated by doing a syncroblog together. Just too fun.
3. I actually hiked. Twice. Kent Falls in CT and Bash Bish Falls in NY. No, I'm not ready to invest in professional gear. But both short climbs were gradual and forgiving graces for this out of shape novice ... and the energetic company along the way distracted me from whining about my aching muscles. Victoriously reaching those rocky summits and soaking in the pounding sound of cascading water made these weekend jaunts worth every step.
4. I'm trying to be more conscious of living in the moment. Let's hear it for closing down the laptop when not in use. Turning off the radio when driving down the road. Enjoying every nuanced sight and sound, every fragrant splendor that an outdoor walk provides. Looking our loved ones straight in the eye when they're talking to us. Allowing God plenty of margin to speak in the still whispers of solitude. And slumbering deep through the night because we're not writing yet another post in our sleep.
5. I've just wrapped up a 2 day visit with my sister. I don't know that we've spent that long together by ourselves. Ever. We laughed loud and often. Dined outdoors at every opportunity. And worked our household tasks side by side. We took long, leisurely back roads drives, savored desperately needed ocean breezes, listened to each other well, and launched into song together at a moment's notice. When all was said and done, I felt closer to her than I have in years. And I love her more than ever.