Thursday, April 3, 2014

Gleanings : : Springtime Wreath . Howling . Extroverts . Young Woman . Small Talk

On my radar in recent days . . .

http://www.keepingwiththetimes.com/2011/04/an-explosion-of-pussy-willows.html
{I'm seriously in love with this wreath}
'Every spring I go out into the countryside and gather pussy willows.  I create these wreaths as soon as I get enough gathered and while the branches are fresh and pliable – it’s amazing how durable they are when fresh.  I used to sell these wreaths at craft fairs and one year I had them all sold before I even got into the building ...'
 
 
{this is just too powerful}
'In church this morning, our pastor spoke of the bio-dome experiment in the 1980’s where the aim was to create the perfect atmosphere for human and plant life.  All was controlled, from the temperature to the water to the light to the air.  And yet the funny thing was that trees just toppled over after they grew to a certain height – they just couldn’t support their own weight.  Why?  There was no wind to force the trees to grow deep roots.  And that got me thinking ...'
 
 
{sometimes our assumptions are way off base}
'Over the past few years I’ve noticed a growing number of articles exclaiming, “How To Take Care of An Introvert” or “10 Things Everyone Should Understand About Introverts” and while I have no real problem with introverts and introversion, my issue is with the fact that people of the internet seem to have romanticized introversion in a way that turns any possible social impediments a person might have into desirable quirky traits.  Not only this, but extroverts are suddenly the bad guys for not understanding introverts or ...'
 
 
{what would your blog have looked like in your college years?}
'Here’s to the girl who tucks herself away in the deep corners of neighborhood coffee shops.  She travels to bookstores just to sniff the pages when no one is looking.  She has a hunger for knowledge that may never be quenched.  She’s the girl with the snow-white skin and auburn locks.  She’s the girl who is constantly drinking tea while lost in her own mental galaxy.  Here’s to you sweet daughter of the King.  You have a story.  It’s time to start ...'
 
 
{do you care enough to listen well?}

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! I want a wreath!! You should have a contest or something. Then completely rig it so I win!!

    I have been to the Biosphere in Tucson, Ariz. It was fascinating. I can't imagine having to live there, as scientists did for quite some time. I think I'd bet a little batty. But it's still going today. There are trees, but I don't remember if there were a lot of them?

    My college years. I was the one who studied like crazy during the week, was on the swim team, and had a tight circle of friends. My college blog would be full of angst about Anatomy and Physiology, and why I don't have time to sleep. In other words, a gigantic snore-a-thon! I think my days of seeing myself as a Daughter of the King were just evolving. You were right on it, and that doesn't surprise me at all.
    Great post my friend :)
    Ceil


    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep ... I love gathering these collections of goodies from near and far! And I love when you pop in with your encouraging words and that big smile of yours, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wreath---WANT ONE! In my experience, I did not even begin thinking the entire world revolved around me until I had children. Have NO desire to see a re-run of my college years--always good to see how God has grown us though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truncated my own college years to get married. That's what we did back in the day.

      Sigh.

      Regret getting married at 20? Never! Wish I had finished school in my 20s instead of my 40s?

      Absolutely yes!

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...