Monday, April 14, 2014

Gleanings : : Cool Eggs * Quiet Readers * Bad Reviews * Top Blogs * Best Questions

Gathered from hither and yon . . .
 
{simply gorgeous}
'You can create this dramatic display with just two 0.25-ounce vials of blue dye you may already have in the kitchen ...'


{I still love knowing you're there anyway}
'Dear Blog Reader Who Has Never Commented, I have had this little letter in my drafts for a while now and I typically don’t talk about bloggy things around here.  Lately, though, I’ve thought of you more because some of you I’ve met in person.  And nearly every time, you mention a specific blog post that has meant something to you, followed by, “I know I never comment. I’m so sorry.”  Please forgive the weird look on my face.  I’m not great on the spot ...'


{sheer honesty}
'You know better.  Of course, you do.  You know better than to read blog posts about your book.  You know better than to Google yourself.  You know better than to troll a list of “best blogs” looking for your own absent name.  You know better than to ignore the 5-star reviews and only read the 1- and 2-star reviews.  You know better than to measure your self-worth by the measuring sticks of another.  Of course you know this.  But some days ...'


{some surprises here}
'There are thousands of ministry blogs to read, but do you ever wonder which ones everyone else is reading?  I do, which is why I have compiled a list of the world’s most read Christian faith blogs.  Keep in mind, this list isn’t an endorsement of the blogs but rather an objective list.  There is a broad scope of perspectives included, so be spiritually discerning about what you read and compare it against what the Bible says ...'


{phenomenal questions that cut right to the chase}
'The average American home size has doubled in the past 50 years.  Still 10% of households rent offsite storage and 25% of homeowners with two-car garages can’t park cars in them.  76% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck.  And the average US household credit card debt stands at $15,191.  It appears we have a spending problem.  We buy far more than we need.  And yet, our filled closets, overflowing drawers, and crammed basements stand as proof that purchases are not improving our lives.  Our discontent is evidenced in our excess ...'
 

8 comments:

  1. Great list, Linda! Now I know what we're doing tomorrow with my boys, who are off from school for the Easter break - dying ombre Easter eggs! I will have to come back later (after I put the boys to sleep ;)) to check out the rest of the links. ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear how the project goes, Yuko! These hues are spectacular!

      ;-}

      Delete
  2. Linda, I remind myself---if one--even one is drawn closer to Him by my meager efforts---then I have been blessed to be used for HIS Good Purpose. What a Blessing! He is using you well, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May God keep us from being entrapped by the endless pull of numbers and stats! My goal? To keep on playing for an audience of One ...

      Blessings, friend!

      Delete
  3. Great list!! I've never thought to do Ombre eggs, my daughter may even want in on that action :)

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back to blogging, Alecia! It's so good to see you again. Truly!

      ;-}

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed making those eggs for Easter! We had a beautiful day with the family and hope you did, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debby ... thanks for sending the pictures ... the sweet eggs, and sugar, and love that adorned your table and your home. I felt like I was right there with you all.

      You brought smiles ... there and here!

      ;-}

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...