Friday, April 18, 2014

# 48


She reaches high and gently pulls her childhood Bible off the oak shelf.  The black one, the King James Version, a cherished Christmas gift from her Grandma and Grandpa back in 1964.  She opens the front cover to trace the childish writing with her eyes and fingertips.

And she smiles.

For there in a careful scrawl reads the date of her redemption.  All of 48 years ago.  When she came to Jesus, broken and weeping tears of regret and relief in the front pew of the church.  And He saved her from her sins.  All 10 years of them.  And far too many that were to follow.

This is Holy Week's gift.  Another milestone reached, with gratitude that overflows.  And she remembers, once again, that it was for her that His blessed blood was poured out. 

 
this recollection is a repeat performance
 
please don't miss a single post ... subscribe here 

6 comments:

  1. Amen! Then ... AND now! God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet reminder--kept all these years! A treasure to be passed on to those following in your footsteps!
    Blessed Easter, Sweet Friend!
    HE IS RISEN!
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I passed the treasure to my oldest granddaughter when she was baptized last summer on her 10th birthday. What a sacred wonderful milestone. The day took my breath away ... and I will never forget the joy ...

      He is risen! For then ... and NOW!

      Blessings, my friend!

      Delete
  3. That journal entry is PRICELESS. I have found the same in my husband's Bible. As a child he recorded all important steps like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great big thrill to pass this Bible on. I want to be purposeful about sharing the possessions that are important to me while I'm here on earth to do it myself!

      ;-}

      Thanks for stopping in this evening, Hope! I am grateful you're here ...

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...