Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Performance Ratings

I recently had the privilege of listening to several business types discussing the state of today's workforce.  One observation rang particularly true to these set of ears.  'They will perform to whatever level you say they are.'

And I can't help but wonder what our lives would look like if we lived and loved and worked at the level that God sees us.

For He tells us that we are the apple of His eye.  That we are adored.  Valued.  Delightful.  Worth dying for.  Worth rising from the dead for.  Priceless in His sight.  Beloved in His heart.

Beautiful.

Maybe we'd show ourselves a bit more grace.  Stop believing the endless hissing lies from the enemy and those discouraging words whispered by the abusive naysayers that have littered our pathways.  Quit beating ourselves up ... and say a long overdue adios to our sad pity parties, tossing aside the tattered mantle of victimhood that has dragged us down to a crawl. 

And set our sights higher.  Much higher. 

Perhaps we'd begin to embrace the spectacular truth that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

 
Yes, you've seen this video here before.  And it's so worth viewing again.  Because it's past time to rise up above the mediocrity, my friends.  For we're children of the Creator of the universe, the King of kings, the powerful Redeemer.  Let's fully embrace who we are in Jesus Christ and rise on eagles' wings and soar high.  By His strengthening love and never ending grace.
 
He loves us so ...






* visiting with Holley  *  Lyli

12 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! I love that phrase "endless hissing lies", that was really powerful to me. You do make me see more clearly how much God thinks of me. And how sad it is that I don't agree. I do devalue what I can do.

    It's an interesting twist on humility, and one that I do have to mull over at times. I am so great in his eyes, but must be small in my own estimation. Mix in that I am worthy, yet unworthy. For me, it will take a lot of prayer to iron all that out. Your video (which I don't think I'd seen before) was very powerful. It made me smile! My favorite line from there is "could a garden come from this ground?" A wonderful, challenging question...but the answer is always 'Yes!'

    Very thoughtful post today my friend.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how beautiful you are in His sight, my friend! And when all the honor goes back to Him for who we are and what we do, it truly is a lovely fragrance that gives Him the glory and praise.

      And we gasp in awe at His work in refining us and making us fit to do significant work, no matter what that work is.

      Thanks for connecting with me today on this, Ceil. I always appreciate hearing your heart here ... and there.

      Hugs.

      Delete
  2. I'm often disillusioned at the dumbing down of our country's inhabitants. Putting more faith in oneself and in God is the way to go. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great big 'no thanks' to dumbing down in any way, shape, or form!

      ;-}

      And a great big THANKS for sharing a bit of this morning with me, my Nebraska friend! I hope that today's a great one for you there on the farm ...

      Delete
  3. Somewhere recently I read, "We are so hard on ourselves, while God--He is so lenient with us." My challenge daily--STOP listening to the world and start embracing what He has told me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. We are, way too often, our own hardest taskmasters. Grace, grace ...

      Hope your day will be sun-filled and radiant, my friend! I'm glad you stopped in to say 'hi'!

      ;-}

      Delete
  4. Linda ~ I love this post! I was a teacher for many years and really resonate with the phrase at the beginning "they will perform to whatever level you say they are." Children aim to please the valuable adults in their lives. We are to be like little children: trusting, hopeful and eager to show love back to those who love us. Oh that we would see ourselves as you wrote: " Beautiful". Thank you for your grace-filled words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Lisa. Your thought-filled words made me think of that verse 'a little child shall lead them.' Trusting, hopeful, eager ... mixed with a bit of wisdom and discernment. Priceless!

      ;-}

      Delete
  5. Great take away, Linda! A beautiful Truth shared as an important reminder to us all! You are always such an encouragement to me!! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We encourage each other, yes?

      God is good!

      May your sabbath be filled with rest, my friend ...

      ;-}

      Delete
  6. Was just thinking how this is so true of my children, as Lisa mentioned above. When I speak highly of them, they strive to reach that "level". Kind of like that quote "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes! Let's speak blessing and encouragement, let's set the bar high and let those around us know that they can succeed!

      Thanks for cominig by this morning, Summer! {And right about now, I am loving your name!}

      ;-}

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...