Thursday, March 6, 2014

5 Wellness Investments


Remember when we used to slather baby oil all over our lean little bodies and bake in the sun til our skin burned to a crisp?  Exist on all manner of junk food and sleep on whatever sofa might be handy?  Do the all-nighters and casually neglect ourselves in a variety of ways?  For most of us, those days are long gone and our bodies are requiring demanding more and more attentive care.

There's no guarantees in life.  Health concerns will descend no matter what kind of lifestyle we pursue.  But there is great peace that comes in being pro-active, in making smart choices that enable you to assure yourself that no matter what comes your way, you did what you could to take care of yourself.

We're all familiar with investments, even though we might not have the cash to go there.  We hear about the importance of investing for our kids' education, investing for retirement, investing for a rainy day.

Well, here's 5 investments in wellness that I think might be worth your attention.  No one's paying me a dime to do this post.  These products have worked for me and so I share them with you.  Some cost a handful of dollars, others require substantial layout of cash.  And please do check with your health care professional and get their input, ok?

1.  SKIN -  Protecting your skin is a must and an SPF is not just for beach goers.  Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is good stuff.  Day in, day out.  'Cause the sun just doesn't shine when you're lounging in a beach chair.

2.  SUPPLEMENTS - GNC's SuperFoods Maximum Greens Complete tablets contain all those fabulous things that we know we should eat, but don't.  Barley, kelp, alfalfa, and a blend of all manner of nutritious greens and fruits make this supplement a super choice.

3.  TEETH - Waterpiks aren't just for kids with braces.  Gum disease can hit us at any time and cause health problems that reach far beyond our mouths.  Still got your teeth and want to keep them?  This could be an excellent addition to your dental care.

4.  WEIGHT - No one does weight loss like Weight Watchers.  No one.  You learn to dine on a huge assortment of healthy foods in the right quantities.  And you get the in-person or online support to take you through the long haul.

5.  BACK - I felt about 110 years old every morning til we invested in a Sleep Number mattress.  This is major bucks, but it can make the difference between chronic back ache and feeling rested and refreshed when your feet hit the floor at sunrise.

What investments are you making in your pursuit of wellness?



=> visiting with Nancy  .  Beth  .  Kristen

14 comments:

  1. Uh...

    Here at 5000 ft in New Mexico, I burn nicely every summer, and (at my doctor's advice) smoke cheap cigars to help control pain and nausea (can't take prescription pain meds anymore, and don't want to!).

    Before the illness that's slowly doing me in struck, I was pretty fanatical about exercise and nutrition. It was a good investment, because without having been in good shape at the beginning of the process, I'd have fallen a lot faster, and would be dead now.,

    Kind of like being alive, even when it hurts.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2014/03/is-your-husband-obsolete.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate what you've penned about how the exercise and nutrition that you chose to invest in before your illness has given you that strength to keep on keeping on, Andrew. May God give you huge doeses of hope and peace today ...

      Delete
  2. EXERCISE---keeps me mentally and physically healthy! Thank you for the reminder of the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes ... it looks like all my lame excuses will run out this weekend as the temperatures rise above freezing and no brisk winds look to be headed our way! I'll think of your motivating words as I tuck my feet into sneakers instead of boots.

      Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda! You are so right, my body is screaming at me these days. Not just the shoulder, but all my sore muscles and joints. I can't get away with the crazy stuff I used to do...just trying to do too much of everything. I agree with Lulu that exercise is so important. It makes me happy when I'm doing it. It's the getting there that's the hard part!

    I pray that I'll keep overcoming my arguments to be lazy!
    Have a good weekend my friend :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you about those aching body parts! When did we get so old? I predict that we're all gonna be doing alot better after we haul ourselves out of our houses {and away from our screens!} after a long winter and begin to get moving again.

      Be well, my friend. Can I loan you a heating pad ... or perhaps an ice pack?

      ;-}

      Delete
  4. We will be using an SPF of 30 while gone next week, even though I tan easily and don't usually burn I like the extra protection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure can't hurt, right?

      ;-}

      Bon voyage, Sarah. Have a fabulous time ...

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted a Sleep Number bed, but the price has put me off I have to admit. Maybe someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a major, major investment. But one that's paid off for us ...

      Delete
  6. I remember sun bathing all too well!!! I had a nice tan each summer, but ...whoa, the skin doesn't look too well now after 40+ years later.

    As for weight loss, I tend to eat what I like...even fatty foods and still maintain a good weight. It's the portions that count. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portions. Portions. Portions. Yep, that's the secret, Anni!

      ;-}

      Delete

So ... whatcha thinkin', friend?

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...