Monday, February 17, 2014

Gleanings : : Singles' Boundaries . Tiny Living . Insensitive Comments . Forgiving Parents . $ 4 Parenting

A few good reads to consider ...
 


How Far Can I Go? - {it's not just about sex}
'This age-old question is not only one teens are asking, but also women in their twenties, thirties, and beyond.  With marriage often delayed and second marriages more common, women of all ages find themselves wondering about physical boundaries in dating ...'


The Joys of Living Small: 3 Families Share Their Tiny Houses - {intriguing, yes?}
'When it comes to house size, Americans like to live large.  But more and more couples are downsizing to radically small homes -- and they've never been happier ..'.


In which these 21 things shouldn't be said to sexual abuse victims - {absolute must reading}
'As a sexual abuse survivor, I’ve heard my share of insensitive comments.  I’ve also talked to enough victims to be able to gather some of the most damaging words here—all for the sake of those who truly, truly want to be loving, sensitive and helpful.  My intention in writing these is not to shame those who want to help, or make them walk on eggshells.  Instead it’s to help friends and family members of victims best love and ...'


How to Begin Forgiving Our Parents - Becoming Human - {don't wait til it's too late, please}
'My father had a stroke.  Three weeks later, I flew down from Kodiak to be with him, just the two of us.  He was in a rehab facility by then.  I flew into Orlando, rented a car, and drove to the facility, wondering who I would find, what would be left.  The last time I saw him, a few months before, he had all his faculties.  He walked painfully slowly with a walker, but he was upright and cogent, though he never said much.  He barely spoke to me my entire life ...'


The Couple That Pays Each Other To Put the Kids to Bed - {be serious.  really?}
'Like most couples, Daniel Reeves and Bethany Soule fight.  Unlike most, they solve their spats with dollars.  When a chore comes up neither wants to do, they put their hands behind their back and think of how much they'd pay the other to do it. Then, at the same time, they show that number on their fingers.  It might be $20 to put the kids to bed, $4 to go fetch tacos in the rain, or $400 to make ...'

8 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Thank you for these great posts to read. What an encourager of others you are! And I always enjoy finding new blogs and bloggers. You made it easy for me!

    I hope you had a nice Valentines Day? We stayed at home, watched Olympics. How nice of the world to provide the entertainment for this fun holiday!
    Have a wonderful Monday :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How weird is this ... we were commenting on each other's blogs at the same time. How cool is that?

      ;-}

      Love ya, friend!

      Delete
  2. what a strange custom....doesn't the money belong to both of them to begin with? I mean if one of them is earning $20 isn't the other paying it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... hard to believe that the truth hasn't hit home! And I'm wondering what the kids will think when these financial logistics finally come to light ...

      Thanks for coming by and weighing in on this!

      Delete
  3. I have LOTS to say about loss of intimacy--- Dare I?

    Thank you for your encouragement. It is a wonderful sunny 70's day with a slight breeze--sending it your way, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's more to say about intimacy and its loss than pen can tell. But still, I'll encourage you to keep talking it through, writing when it helps you sort out the myriad of thoughts and feelings. And please know that you are not alone.

      Thanks, Lulu, for keepin' it real here.

      Delete
  4. Interesting topics, Linda! Thanks for sharing these links! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have you here, June. I hope those gleanings hit home for you ...

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...