Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The UNword Invitation

OK ... you've either decided to do the One Word thing or not for 2014.  But now The Nester and friends have a brand new invitation for us to consider! 
 
The UNword. 
 
Who don't you want to be as we forge ahead into this year?  What don't you want to be wasting your time and energy on anymore?  What bugaboo, character trait, moral defect, sin, habit, or thorn in the flesh are you absolutely done with?
 
It didn't take long for more than a few unattractive words to cross my mind in fairly rapid order.  Believe me, I'm jotting them down even as we speak!  These are personal qualities or attributes that trip me up, slow me down, and are more than a bit wearying.  Don't you love that the Spirit is more than able to provide some crystal clear conviction when we ask?
 
I'm guessing that I'm not the only who has more than a few irritating visitors that have been hanging on for way too long, unwanted leeches that have stolen our joy and kept us from living life to the fullest.  So check out the invitation to participate in the Unword Link-Up on Tuesday, January 21st.  Yes - you're invited ... and I hope you'll join me at this online gathering!
 
And I'll see you back here before then for my own UNword unveiling! 
 
http://www.thenester.com/2014/01/un-word-of-the-year.html
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Linda, I haven't heard of the un-word - I will need to check this out. Thanks for the heads up! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with it, Kim! It wasn't long til mine jumped out at me!

      ;-}

      Delete
  2. I saw this the other day on TheNester's site, I'm intrigued to see what the UN-Word thing is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alecia ... hope to see you there! Yep, I'm intrigued by the whole concept, too ...

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda, I'm happy to have found your blog after you stumbled upon mine. This Unword link-up sounds wonderful. I'm already thinking of a few unwords and I'm looking forward to your Unword and also linking up myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tanya ~ So good to meet you this week! I look forward to reconnecting with you again soon ...

      Delete
  4. What a unique idea -- wish I'd thought of it! I may have to join in. Thanks for the info Linda. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my creative friend, I can't wait to see what word calls out to you!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to keep this link up on my radar! Thanks for letting us know about it, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to roll on this, Beth! Narrowing down my UNword was a soul-searching experience ... and not particularly pleasant!!

      ;-{

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...