1. When it's cold, it's cold. Doesn't matter if it's 10 degrees above or 10 degrees below or what the wind chill factor is. To me? It's simply frigid. Period.
2. You just can't beat a few great bird feeders right outside your window. Watching little winged creatures come and dine, fly off and return with their nearest and dearest .. and then argue over the best seats in the house? Just too fun.
3. I want to pray like my 3 year old granddaughter. I hear that one recent bedtime litany was an endless conversation about wearing rings, that they were sparkly but she couldn't wear them to bed because she would poke her eye out. That's what I call a heart-to-heart encounter with the Lover of her little soul.
4. The best antidote for the winter blahs? Getting out of the house and meeting up with a good friend. Letting your hair down while slouching in those cozy red leather chairs at Panera's with a hot mug of honey-laden tea is a wonderful respite. A little retail therapy doesn't hurt, either. Especially if you don't open your wallet.
5. Things I am SO DONE with include long car trips careening down icy roads surrounded by maniac drivers chatting on cell phones. Just let me stay home.
~~~> photo source unknown