Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013's Best Conversations

I'm all about deep conversations, those interactions that are safe and honest and authentic.  The life-giving occasions when what is valuable is gently poured into another's heart, where grace and truth mingle at the deepest soul level and iron sharpens iron.  There are quiet spaces in these priceless moments as well, opportunities to give each other space as life-giving words seep in, brewing and morphing into something that brings a needed challenge, fresh hope, or longed for healing.

Grateful Heart's thoughtful comment on the 2013's Heavy Hitters post got me thinking, and prompted me to choose the five writings below as the offerings that seemed to hit home for you at that deepest soul level this past year.  These aren't the posts that necessarily brought the most comments, but upon reflection, I believe they touched your hearts.  And you responded.

And may I tell you that penning them touched mine as well?

Every blogger worth her salt loves when her readers leave comments.  The chit-chatting back and forth is what gives a blog a shot of energy, a bit of zing.  It's the icing on the cake.  And not because she loves the accolades, but because she wants to know that what she's putting out there is making a difference and leaving an impact.   

So when you, dear reader, take a few minutes to share just a bit of your heart, to let us know where you're coming from, you, too, make a difference and leave an impact.  You partner with me in producing conversations that matter.

Thanks to all those who've done so this year.  You know who you are ... and I am filled with gratitude that God has placed you on my path in this season.  Please know that my life is richer because you're walking alongside me. 

I can't wait to see what God has for us together in 2014!


I read that there is a Friend that sticks closer than a brother.  And for that I am truly thankful.  Because we live in a very transient world.  Where people come and go.  The yearning is there.  To know and be known.  To feel ...


To all those spiritual mothers who've led us on the way.  Those faithful souls who shared wisdom laced with integrity and joy.  The ones who brought comfort to our sorrows big and small.  The ones who've modeled for us what loving Jesus and serving God looked like.  The musical ones who ...


An unsolicited email exchange . . .
SHE: God gave me this while I was sleeping last night. I wanted to share it with you!!
ME: I'm in awe at the miracle of your journey. To say that God is good is an understatement!  Would you like me to share this anonymously on the blog sometime in the next few weeks?
SHE: Of course!! I'm so ready to help others who are in distress!! ...


It's been one year since my friend Kristen died.  She penned the letter below to be read at her memorial service, but my grief was so raw and all-encompassing that I remember little of that day.  As with anything she touched, her final words are all about living with deep love and strong purpose, dying with an immensely thoughtful grace, and ...
Ah ... she so wanted it to be a Norman Rockwell holiday.  Soft music playing in the background as the loving family gathered around the well-appointed table, lavishly laden with all manner of delectables.  The china and silver and crystal sparkling in the candlelight, the well-used name tags fashioned out of index cards by little fingers so many years ago reminding them of every ...
~~~> sharing in good conversations at Laura's . Jennifer's . Beth's

20 comments:

  1. I love that you wrote this piece, Linda! It was simply begging to be written... Thank you for giving new voice to those words that have meant so much this year.

    God bless you as 2014 unfolds...
    GH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we partner together in producing conversations that matter, don't we!

      ;-}

      Delete
  2. Linda, this is a lovely collection! I really loved that December post. I am off to explore the others to jog my memory.

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful that God has given us this online relationship, Lyli. It's an iron sharpening iron gift ... and I am so grateful for your input and insight here!

      ;-}

      Delete
  3. "You partner with me in producing conversations that matter." I so love that about blogging too. Thankful that we've had our own share of conversations this year, Linda. I appreciate your words of encouragement, wisdom, and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our conversations have been varied, sometimes fun, other times deep. Love that. And I so appreciate you, my faithful friend!

      ;-}

      Delete
  4. Linda,these lines about why we write (blog), "...but because she wants to know that what she's putting out there is making a difference and leaving an impact" says it all. When I know that something I wrote connects with a reader, well, it just touches my heart. Thanks for your comments over at Three WayLight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Jody! If we didn't want to interact, we'd just fill our journals instead of tapping away on these keyboards! So good to meet you today ... I look forward to re-connecting in 2014!

      ;-}

      Delete
  5. I love wounded healers and legacy leaver. Your words are such salt and light, my friend. I'm grateful our paths have crossed--that God brought us together. Many blessings to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My jog over to your place on Monday mornings has become a great way to start my week, Laura. Thank you for your kindest words, my friend. May God bless you and your written words in the coming year ... big time!

      ;-}

      Delete
  6. Authentic, real, deep conversation - I can do that. I have trouble with the other kind - the one where people don't really say what they mean:) I will check out your list! Wishing you much blessing in the New Year. So glad to have met you this last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Say what you mean to say! I'm with you, my friend. And now ... to do it more and more with grace, bountiful grace, so that it benefits those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 says it well.

      Happy new year, my Blue Cotton friend!

      ;-}

      Delete
  7. Going deep, connecting at heart and soul level..oh yes, please, Linda! I can see, as a relative newcomer to your lovely site, that I need to read this top interactive posts list. You're a woman after God's heart and I look forward to conversing with you here (once I can get the RSS subscription thingymabob figured out :( ~ I'm a real technophobe!) as you connect so well with all who pass through this door. Blessings :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having trouble subscribing anyone? Simply email me your email address and consider it DONE!
      Linda@CreeksideMinistries.com

      Joy, you have brought joy to my heart with your gracious comments. I am grateful you are here. Truly! I look forward to getting to know you better in the days ahead.

      ;-}

      Delete
  8. Your words about the life and zing a comment left can add was so true! Beautiful writing and beautiful truths:) Thank you! Visiting from TWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a post without a comment is like milk without the cookies!

      ;-}

      And I am glad that YOU came by 'cause you've brightened my day, L.! Welcome to Creekside!

      Delete
  9. Linda, I will be back to read your posts as I want to spend more time here. The way you summarized what comments mean to us writers...so beautifully said and true. Such beautiful relationships are created through the words we share with each other. Never did I imagine.
    I'm so glad you joined us for Three Word Wednesday. I will be back and plan to be a frequent visitor.
    Much love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That you want to spend more time here is a lovely gift this morning. Thank you, Beth, for saying so! I know your heart resonates with mine in regards to the impact of writing, of online conversations that matter, of authentic connection.

      Later, my friend ...

      ;-}

      Delete
  10. I love your stack of ironstone. I also have the bowls with the pink and blue stripe. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my halting trek toward a more minimalist lifestyle, I'm whittling down my beloved collections. Very, very slowly. The bowls? Something I will end up keeping ... and the wooden spoons ... and ... and ... and ...

      ;-}

      Thanks for coming by tonight, Elizabeth!

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...