Friday, September 27, 2013

Yes, It's Been National Coupon Month

With September careening to an end, I just found out that National Coupon Month has zipped right by me unnoticed.  If I had only known, I would have spent a bit of time dwelling on my glory days many moons ago, when I saved hundreds of dollars each year with handfuls of neatly clipped rectangular slips of paper.  And oh, the rebates that filled my mailbox after sending boxtops and labels and receipts to fulfillment houses.  Checks galore!  Coupons for free products!  Free sweatshirts and beach towels and toys and gifts!

Ah ... those were the days.

Fast forward about three decades.  There's little time for extensive clipping anymore.  No newspaper comes to our door, and I read few magazines offering those tantalizing pleas to cut and save.  But in this economy, thrifty shopping still entices me.  And even though there's little time to do this subject justice, I wanted to put these websites in front of you.

It's not just about pocketing a quarter here and there.  Freebies, downloadables, mobile apps, printables, codes, online bonuses, blogs?  This ain't your mama's coupon envelope.

 
 
 
 

Do coupons help you save money?  What do you do to avoid sticker shock in the checkout line?











* visiting with Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Coupons are a great idea, but they don't make coupons for the things we buy. In our house we eat mostly fresh fruits, veggies, and whole grains. For my household products, we use cloth napkins and towels, so not much to buy there. For cleaning products, I use mostly vinegar, lemons and baking soda. I admire people who get all the free stuff, though; it just doesn't work out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear what you cleaning solutions you concoct with venegar, lemons, and baking soda, Debby. Anything without added chemicals is sounding real good on this end ...

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...