Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gleanings : : Gender . Small . Joni & Ken . Space . Move It

 

 
Gender and the Trinity: An Interview with Psychologist Larry Crabb - {a fresh perspective on a hot topic.}
'The most feminine woman might very well be that one slouched at the table, slurping up soup wearing muddy hunting boots and camo vest.  The most masculine man might be that one running down the street, fretting about being late for his manicure.  That is according to Larry Crabb, a Christian psychologist best known for bringing spiritual direction into his many books and seminars ...'


Rediscover Your Sense of Small - {5 super prompts you probably haven't thought of.}
'When you don't need much, the littlest things can be the greatest pleasures.  When I moved from a 2000 sq ft house to a 750 sq. foot apartment, I was ready for the smaller space.  What I didn’t think about though is that everything in the apartment is ...'


The Right Question to Ask on Your Hard Days ... and the Answer - {Joni & Ken Tada's newest book? I can't wait to get my hands on it.}
'Ken opened wide the front door so I could wheel out to the van.  For a long moment I sat squarely in the door frame, staring and taking it all in: the shade tree dappling our brick path, blossoms bobbing on the crepe myrtle, and patches of sunlight on dewy grass.  It was the freshest of mornings.  Oh God, I breathed, If only I could feel as fresh.  After more than four decades of quadriplegia, I’m tired ...'


7 Important Reasons to Unplug and Find Space - {Josh Becker is fabulous. really.}
'Technology has some wonderful benefits.  I use it almost every day.  And I would never, ever argue against the responsible use of it.  However, that being said, it is becoming increasingly obvious that our world is ...'

 
23 and 1/2 hours - {where did I put my sneakers?}
 



~~~>  I'm over at Nancy's


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing at TM this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you've stopped in tonight, Nancy!

      ;-}

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that I was wondering about a girl that I'd watched a movie about years ago and wondered what has happened in her life since the accident and movie. Then there it was right in your post about Joni. Thanks for sharing.

    visiting from Tuesday Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a God thing for sure ... I so appreciate that you shared this with me tonight!

      Delete
  3. Interesting selection of posts this week. We seem to be in quite a state of gender confusion that shows no signs of abating. We just need to keep praying that the Lord will give us clarity amidst the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to Christ-honoring clarity, charity, compassion, and much grace.

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...