Friday, August 30, 2013

Worship ~ Now & Later

Sometimes I do my best thinking, my most productive writing laying in bed around 4:30 when dawn is just deciding if it's going to break through, when the birds are figuring out if it's worth waking to begin their morning song.  No keyboard is in sight, the words spin in my brain, figuring out what they might look like on paper.  Fingers are still, I breathe deep.
 
And at o'dark thirty this morning I knew that after another round of deep sleep I would awaken for the day and write about worship.  And hope that it would somehow fit into this 5 Minute Friday prompt.
 
And, wonder upon wonders it did!  Really.  I didn't have a clue, wasn't hanging round the screen at the midnight prompt.
 
But He, for some reason, seemed to prepare my heart ahead.
 
Because tonight I will meet with dear sisters in Christ who have asked me to go to a Sidewalk Prophets concert.  We will break bread together and then head to a place where we will worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Already I know it's going to be a powerful encounter, a needed soul re-filling at the end of a very intense summer.
 
And I couldn't help but think that this is just a glimpse of heaven.  Gathering with dear sisters, and brothers, too.  Breaking bread, walking streets of gold.  And heading straight to the throne where we'll lay down our crowns and worship, the awesome One, the only One who is worthy of this act of deepest gratitude and praise.
 
I can't wait.
 

 
Five Minute Friday
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I do love your words. I hope you have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the concert! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love visiting together on the weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Dear Linda
    What a day it is going to be when we all bow down to honor our King Jesus and lay our crowns before His feet knowing that it was Him and Him alone that has brought us here!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) LOVE Sidewalk Prophets...I'm sure the concert was amazing! Blessings to you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that connection among us sisters was even deeper than I had hoped or imagined. God is good!

      Thanks for coming by on this holiday weekend, Mel ...

      Delete
  5. I could feel all of us praying this song-----whatever your will, help me find it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, my friend. The prayer that never fails - 'Thy will be done.'

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...