Monday, July 15, 2013

What Time Is It?


There's a time to be super proactive and take care of the business at hand.  To conscientiously do your homework and roll up your well-worn sleeves.  To make your prayer-laden choices and state your case well.  We are called to be ready with an answer, to not be weary in well doing, to sow and reap, and not be idle.

And then there's that whole call to be still and know that He is God.  A time to hang it all up and release and let go.  A season to lay our burdens down, to rest from our never-ending efforts.  And to shut up and sit quietly, breathe deeply, and get out of the way and wait for Him to accomplish what He deems best.

I think it's much easier to do all that busy, active stuff. 

How 'bout you?



 


*  thanks to sweet blessings for the use of this image
 
*  I'm over at Laura's & Courtney's

8 comments:

  1. It definitely "feels" easier to "do" rather than to "be still." But I think it makes everything so much harder when we don't make time for this, Linda. I've been thinking about this verse a lot lately. It's interesting that you should bring it up as your focus today. I will take that as my cue to "be still" and breathe in His Spirit and exhale His grace. I sure need it today and your words have helped point me in that direction, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living it with you, dear Beth ... living it with you!

      Delete
  2. We both wrote about doing versus being today, didn't we? Interesting! As Beth said, I feel so spent, though, when I do and do without time for Him and our relationship. It's amazing what the same amount of time spent with God does for my life - being, not doing. A lifelong lesson, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Laura ... we sure are on the same page! And God's not done with us yet, thankfully!

      Delete
  3. Linda, I love the way you say so much with such economy of words! And they pack a wallup. Yes, a thousand times, I take the easy way out far too often. I'm working on the slowing, though. Loving the stillness and craving it all the more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet! Thank you for your words of grace.

      Delete
  4. Dear Linda
    Of course it is!!! We love to trust that which we can see. That is why our Pappa at times needs to take our legs from right under us to make us still and to know that He is God.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard lessons learned in pain-filled times, yes?

      ;-}

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...