Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gleanings : : Don't . Clutter Radio . Defined . Control Freak . B, B & B



In which I want to be a person - {sarah hits it out of the ballpark.  again.}
'How about this?  How about when someone is before us, a real, live person, suffering, we be a person?  Don’t be a defender of an institution.  Don’t be an office.  Don’t be a title.  Don’t be a minimizer, a gloss-over-er, a down-player.  Don’t be an oracle or an activist.  Don’t be a self-help manual or an encyclopaedia or a concordance or a few tactical probing questions to steer the conversation ... '

Clutter Interrupted Radio - {if you're clutter-busting obsessed, tune in.  really!}

21 Things That Don't Define You - {you might be surprised.}
'Am I loved?  Am I respected?  Am I important?  These are questions that saunter quietly through our mind each morning as we look in the mirror.  Questions that focus in on our identity: who we say we are, who we think we are and who the world perceives us to be.  You are identified by ...'

What to Do When You May or May Not be a Control Freak - {huge lessons here.}
'"Like a city whose walls are broken down, is a man who lacks self-control.” ~ Proverbs 25:28
I was in a coffee shop the other day and a mom announced to her little guy – maybe 2 and a half years old – that it was time to leave.  Little Guy didn’t want to leave.  At first he ignored her, then he defied her, then he assailed her.  To her credit, she remained calm.  She spoke quietly.  She stood her ground.  She didn’t ...'

When Church Becomes an Idol For a Pastor - {bodies, bucks, and buildings?}
'I have to speak from personal experience.  In the early years of my ministry, my church was unquestionably an idol for me.  Eventually I had to do two different rounds of counseling to break out of it.  I was a workaholic; my whole identity had become wrapped around what I produced.  Who I was—in God's view—was withering away.  I had become a full-time pastor and part-time follower of Christ   '






 
==> photo by my niece, the sweet Macedonian Novice

8 comments:

  1. Okay, so I'm having to click on EVERY single one of these links because they all appeal to me, too. :-) Thanks, Linda. I like your gleanings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super! You've absolutely made my day, dear Lisa!

      Delete
  2. Oh, so many choices, Linda! I'm especially interested in the last two and will be off to check them out next. Thanks so much for doing the treasure hunting for us, my friend! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasure hunting! I love that! Thanks for planting those words in my mind, dear counseling buddy ...

      Delete
  3. Great learning points to check out, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're here this morning, Betty! Welcome!

      Delete
  4. Many of these headings pertained to me this week. I found myself clicking on each one of them. The first one, especially, hit home for me this week. Thanks for having such pertinent and affirming headings. What a blessing you are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure if these things interest me, they just might interest our readers. Thanks for letting me know that these are hitting home for you, Barb!

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...