Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gleanings : : Chill . Paper . Hire . Chicken . Printables



donothingfor2minutes.com - {go ahead, I dare you!}
'Just relax and listen to the waves.  Don't touch your mouse or keyboard ...'


Paper is Not Dead - {amen.  there's just no way you're gonna take my Bible, journal, books, weekend newspapers, magazines, or late-night Sudoku out of my hands!}
 
 
Four Things To Consider When Hiring - {job hunter or hiring honcho?  you'll want to look at this!}
'We hire people we like, and that's about it.   When it comes to picking your staff, or even building a team of volunteers, how do you decide who's in and who's out?   For most, if they connect with the applicant, there is a good chance they'll want to offer them the position.  I once read that when interviewing for a job, if you can get the interviewer to laugh within the first few minutes of the interview, your chances of being hired ...'


5 ways to celebrate National Fried Chicken Day - {so what if we're a day or two late?}
'This week has another important holiday, aside from the celebration of America’s Independence.   July 6 is National Fried Chicken Day.  That’s right, the best finger-lickin’ day of the year.  In honor of America’s traditional dish, which has its roots in country kitchens of the Deep South, we have curated a list of some of our favorite recipes for the American classic.  Whether it’s prepared in a cast iron skillet, an oven or a brown paper bag, fried chicken is just about the best tasting meal you can get your greasy hands on ...'


Verse Gifts - {sharing these gorgeous creations is just plain generous!}
'I've made lots of verse printables lately as requests for friends or to give as gifts that I thought I would share in case you need a quick, easy gift idea! I love giving the gift of God's words ...'





~~~> photo by Dottie Eckler

6 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I am a paper person all the way! I love the hiring article, thanks for posting. Very interesting. Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were here this morning, Kim! Have a great day ... and stay cool!

      Linda

      Delete
  2. You're looking at another paper person -- I LOVE that! In fact, all these are SO interesting. Thanks so much for dropping by outnumbered mom and leaving a comment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura ... WELCOME to Creekside! And it was fun meeting you this morning!

      Delete
  3. I particularly like these Verse Gifts. How beautiful!

    Do nothing for 2 minutes. Love that. :-) And I failed. ha. But I am still enjoying hearing the waves....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better waves online than no waves at all, yes?

      ;-}

      Delete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...