Monday, May 20, 2013

Gleanings : : Whirligig Mom . Yard Sale . That Friend . Overlooked . Joni



100 Ways You Know You're a Mom
'I’ve learned three things about motherhood in the last seven years.  Motherhood is hard.  Motherhood is glorious.  And motherhood is hard.  Nothing.  Nothing can properly capture a window into a mother’s world.  So much magic, so much mundane, so much heartache.  But this is my little attempt to keep track of the whirligig of wonder that makes up any mother’s days.  And nights.  And years...'

12 Smart Tips For Holding a Successful Yard Sale
'How to Turn Cast-Offs Into Cash - If Country Living contributing editor Christina Lane could give you only one piece of advice, it would be this: Presentation is everything. "Tossing objects in a haphazard heap ensures they'll be viewed as junk," Lane says. "Display them with care, and people will ..."'

what seems to help in the midst of pain
'when we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.  the friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares ...'

In which they are overlooked in a sea of hipsters
'My sister’s husband recently graduated from university.  Between working full-time and being a wonderful father to my two little nieces, it was a busy and arduous road to complete his education.  We’re very proud of his perseverance.  Among all of the young people, I felt rather middle-aged at his convocation.  I got married one week after my own university graduation, quite convinced of my maturity, and yet these kids looked like they belonged in junior high to me.  Babies!  in caps and gowns!  setting off on adventures, no doubt.  In a sea of shiny young people, I suddenly found tears in my eyes for the older ones among them ...'

Joni Eareckson Tada Talks About Her Cancer


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for "treasure hunting" for us, Linda. I just checked out Kathy Escobar's blog--never been there before, but I love it! By the way, I didn't let you know, but I received my lovely DVD in the mail the other day. I can't wait to sit and watch it with my family--who are all home for the summer. :) Thanks so much for you sweet friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treasure hunting, YES! I love gathering the gleanings to share with my online friends ... thanks for being one of the faithful ones, Beth!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...