Monday, May 6, 2013

Gleanings : : Debt . Chopped . Dear Pastor . Acing It . Motherless

 
Catching my eye this week ... or grabbing hold of my heart ...

'Family #1 manages to pay off $40,000 in debt in two years on a $35,000 annual income.  Family #2 makes $100,000 a year but can’t seem to make the slightest dent in the same amount of debt.  Why is that? ...'

'When it comes to cooking on Chopped, much is made of each round’s mystery baskets, filled with four unusual and often disparate ingredients that chefs are required to incorporate into their dishes.  While these oddball picks are, of course, what add deliciously addictive intrigue and drama to the show, it takes more than just a spread of ...'

Dear Pastor,  Tone can be tricky in writing.  Picture me popping my head in your office door, smiling and asking if we could talk for five minutes.  I’m sipping on my diet coke as I sit down.  You know that I’m not one to shy away from speaking my mind, part of the reason you love me (mostly!), so I’m guessing that internally you brace yourself wondering what might be next ...'

Congratulations, class of 2013!  Now, it’s time to get out there and get a job.  It won’t be easy, because the job market is tough and the competition is fierce.  The unemployment rate for 20- to 24-year-olds was still 13.1 percent in April, far higher than the overall unemployment rate of 7.5 percent.  For 18- to 19-year-olds, it was 22.6 percent.  With those kinds of odds, you'll want to avoid wearing flip-flops to the interview, texting a friend while meeting with your prospective employer or letting a ...'

1. You are always first and foremost a daughter of the most high King.  There are no orphans in the Kindgom of God.   2. It will never not hurt.  Whether you are eighteen or eighty that mama shaped hole will always ache.  I wish that someone had told my twelve year old self this ...'
 
So ... what's on your radar?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...