Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gleanings : : Ineffective . Staying Put . Disturbed . Pleasing God . Discovery

Gleanings.  Here's what and why ...


 

Seven Habits of Highly Ineffective Leaders
'1 - Don't plan ahead.  Don't fall into the trap of writing down your goals and objectives, or even worse, handcuffing yourself to specific times when you're supposed to feel obligated to do them.  Instead, respond to things as they come up.  Put off big projects until you have large chunks of uninterrupted time to accomplish them, or when you feel inspired.  Then try to complete the task with one herculean effort ...''

The Place that Shapes Me
'We made several significant moves when I was a kid, back in the days before Facebook, before email, and long before kids were allowed to use the phone for long-distance phone calls.  In those days, when you moved, you moved.  And I liked it.  I liked reinventing myself, even as a kid.  I liked being able to start over as the person I knew I was becoming, instead of having to plod along, before witnesses, as the person that I wasn’t yet ...'

Loving Dzhokhar Tsarnaeve
'On my way to work yesterday, I was disturbed.  As I scanned the radio stations, more than once I heard calls to "round up the terrorists," and to "send those foreigners home," or worse yet, to "eradicate the Muslim threat."  While looking for distracting music, I was confronted with destructive hatred ...'

I Don't Want to Be a Good Christian Anymore
'God, sometimes I feel
like I’m not a good Christian in your eyes,

like you’re a Father disappointed in me,
frustrated, wishing I would do more, be more,
and I wonder are You proud of me? ...'

Treasures
'I wish I could have embraced this years ago. My home and life have suffered because I chose to ignore a widely known fact.  It’s the one decorating trick that isn’t popular, doesn’t hang out with the cool kids and gets neglected standing against the wall where no one will ask her to dance.  The decorating trick with ...'

 
works for me wednesday at we are that family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...