Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gleanings : : Free Time . Boundaries . Spring Cleaning . Shhh . Beautiful

Gleanings ...what is it? 



How Do Women Spend Their Time?
'In a survey conducted by Real Simple and the Families and Work Institute, a leading nonprofit research organization, we asked 3,230 American women ages 25 - 54 about the who, what, when, and why concerning their free time ...'

More About Boundaries and Consequences
'Today’s Question: Since you’ve been talking about boundaries, I have a question related to waiting/holding my boundaries in an emotional destructive relationship.  After about a year and a half of counseling, studying, praying, learning and with the accountability of several strong prayer partners . . . . I began confronting some things about my relationship with my Mom – trying to talk (calmly, stating only my feelings) to her – meeting resistance, defensiveness, withdrawal, etc ...'

How to Avoid Spring Cleaning
'As you know from the post I wrote a couple of weeks ago, I don’t really do spring cleaning.  Why?  Because I’m lazy lol.  So instead I spread out all necessary tasks throughout the year.  I don’t just wait until a certain time of the year to clean, organize and purge.  I am doing it all year long.  It really works and I never ...'

What Not to Say to a Sick Friend
'Have You Thought of Going to Mexico for Coffee Enemas?'  You may find it comforting to research therapies for your friend’s illness, but questioning her chosen course of treatment is one of the most undermining things you can do ...'

you are beautiful.
'this touched my heart.  if you haven't already seen it, i hope it touches yours.  don't forget ...'
 

 What's the most terrific post you've read recently?

6 comments:

  1. such a beautiful photo... love the pretty flowers!! i shared that video today too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... and even though I saw that video on 3 different blogs, your site is the one I linked up to, my online friend ... yours is THE site!

      Linda

      Delete
  2. The Dove commercial is simply amazing. Since seeing it, I'm reminded to take a real look at myself whenever I'm before a mirror and to try to see what others might see. What an eye-opener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Dina, to be grace-filled when we look in the mirror ...
      Linda

      Delete
  3. Is the doily in the photo yours? My great-great grandmother made a tablecloth like that for my mother's hope chest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Debby ~ Good to hear from you! Yep, I've gathered lots of bits and pieces like this over the years ... and love using them all over the place! This one's on an old stepladder, currently holding court in the kitchen ...

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...