Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Road Revealed


You're blessed when you stay on course,
walking steadily on the road revealed by God.

You're blessed when you follow His directions,
doing your best to find Him.

That's right - you don't go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road He set.

You, God, prescribed the right way to life;
now You expect us to live it.

Oh, that my steps might be steady,
keeping to the course You set;

Then I'd never have any regrets
in comparing my life with Your counsel.

I thank You for speaking straight from Your heart;
I learn the pattern of Your righteous ways.

I'm going to do what You tell me to do;
don't ever walk off and leave me.
=  Psalm 119:1-8  =
{The Message}



12 comments:

  1. We are so blessed to have HIM as our personal guide who will never leave us or forsaken us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that passage in the Message version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do we ever wonder that we could possibly know better than Him? Thank goodness He is rich in mercy and lavish in His forgiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen and amen on this brisk winter Sabbath morn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my blog I have today talked about being on a mountain journey non is possible with out God thanks for sharing
    Feel to pop by mine
    Edenhouseseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Creekside, United Kingdom friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great prayer for today: "Oh, that my steps might be steady,
    keeping to the course You set..." Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great morning prayer ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I do need His direction, His guidance, the straight path. Need to always follow Him ... moment by moment, day by day.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As the old hymn said, 'I need Thee every hour ...'

    Thanks, CaryJo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great sign to accompany your verse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ... a great memory of an autumn hike near the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the table, friend!

This is where we gather and hang out. I'd love for you to pull up a chair and jump right into the conversation. Or simply say 'hello.'

l'll be dropping in to visit you sometime soon ...

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...