Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Mediocre Marriage

You remember the old Paul Simon 1975 hit, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover?
 

 
Well, Kristen over at We Are That Family has pulled together another kind of list.  And if you're married and really brutally honest with yourself, you'll probably find it to be a powerful searchlight that'll make you say 'ouch' time and again {even though you wish it wasn't true.}  Brace yourself, be brave, and go ahead and look in your own mirror as you check out her 100 Ways to Make Your Marriage Mediocre
 
It's not a pretty picture, is it.
 
Believe me, after almost 37 years of traversing this sometimes perilous pathway called marriage, it wasn't too difficult to spot the selfish downfalls and most unpleasant errors that I've made along the way. 
 
The truth is that if we're yawning our way through this lifetime commitment, and if we're not continually 100% invested in making it the most exceptional relationship of our lives, we really are heading out the door in one way or another.  I'm thinking that there's no better time, no better place, than this 'week of love' to do something about it.
 
If you need more fuel, here's my own list of 8 random observations on marriage ...
 
Ready?
 
 
Messy Marriage
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo of you and you hubby on your wedding day. So cute! And one of the 8 you mentioned really cuts me to the core - how our true colors show during a crisis. :) I guess that's where true love is tested! All the other random thoughts were right on target too. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom every week, Linda! And for being my bloggy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, Beth ... the crisis times! That'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The truth is that if we're yawning our way through this lifetime commitment, and if we're not continually 100% invested in making it the most exceptional relationship of our lives, we really are heading out the door in one way or another." So true! I'm contemplating that question -- what's it like being married to me... That's a good one. Visiting from Messy Marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've always loved asking clients, 'what's it like being married to you?' It sure takes the conversation to a whole new level!

    Thanks for stopping by this afternoon, Laura ...

    ReplyDelete

* * * HELP! * * *

> WHERE'D MY COMMENT GO?
Your kindhearted musings come straight to my inbox and then I post them.

> I CAN'T SEEM TO LEAVE A COMMENT!
Send your thoughts to me via email at Linda@CreeksideMinistries.com and I'll post them for you!

Looking forward to hearing what YOU have to say ...
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...